Présentations / Introductions

Démarré par Thomas, 24 Sep 2008 00:16

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

Per the idea in this thread, we now have a place to introduce ourselves! Since we are getting new members on a regular basis, I agree that it is a good idea.

Selon l'idée dans ce fil, on a maintenant un endroit où on peut se présenter! On a des nouveaux membres de façon regulière, je suis d'accord que c'est une bonne idée.

On peut se présenter ou en français ou en anglais, bien sûr le but de ce forum et ce site, c'est de vous donner l'opportunité d'améliorer votre anglais, mais je sais bien que c'est difficile! Alors, si vous devez dire quelque chose en français, ne vous inquiétez pas :)

If you have already introduced yourself, or if you have been posting for a while, feel free to post more here, because there are always new members! As for myself -- well, my name is Thomas, and I'm the one who does the podcast ;) I'm 23 years old (coming up on 24), American, and currently living in Huntsville, Alabama, in the US. I like working with foreign languages, as you could guess. I've studied French since 1999, and have studied Japanese, Chinese, and Italian as well. I also like football, watching movies, and playing video games, and am addicted to my Blackberry (or Crackberry, if you will). If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm rather open to disucssing things.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

Well, My name is "censored" I'm 30 years old, french (with a little bit of austrian blood) and living in Southern France. I like to learn new things, computers, movies and US TV show. And finally, I enjoy video Games. I doesn't play them all day, but I love them.

P.S: Shadow Of The Colossus and Okami must be done! It's an order!
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

My turn!!my name is Petula(like the singer :D) but my surname is Mamour.It's for my cat.Not for Grey's anatomy :D. I leave in Maine et Loire next to Angers. I'm 36 years old(coming up 37 in november  :'( I like to watch tv show especially Ncis and House md!!!I like to listen to Bruno Pelletier..a Canadian singer!!not Garou!!And I like to come on this forum even it's make me late for going to my work like this morning!!
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

Citation de: mamour le 24 Sep 2008 08:00
And I like to come on this forum even it's make me late for going to my work like this morning!!

Joëlle

Hello to everybody
It is a good idea to ask everybody to introduce themselves. My name is Joëlle, I am 40 years old. I am from Strasbourg and I've been leaving in the south west of France since 1990. (I'am not sure with the "present perfect....) but I know that Thomas keeps an eye on the forum....Anyway, I work for my own company, I have two teenagers 16 years old close to 17. They are twins. Two boys. I have 3 cats and one dog and I don't want to forget him "my husband". I like shopping,watching TV (being sometimes a couch potatoe) and of course learning English. I like languages as Thomas does. I can speak greek, not as fluent as I am in English but enough to surprise everybody because it is a difficult language. I would like to start Spanish which is a languague that seems easy for French but don't believe that because at a certain level Spanish is a difficult language. That's all for me.

Thomas

Haha, mamour, I see how you have so many posts, you skip work ;)

I have only played the first colossus in Shadow -- the big tall hairy one you stab on top of the head. I still need to finish the rest of the game!

So you speak Greek? That's really fascinating, I have never met anyone who spoke Greek, aside from a few teachers. And you actually used the present perfect, well, perfectly ;) Just be sure not to mix up "to live" (habiter) and "to leave" (partir), so it would be "I've been living in..."

celia

Hi Thomas,

and am addicted to my Blackberry (or Crackberry, if you will).

I just read that sentence you wrote on this thread.  What deos this means please ?

celia

My turn ;)

My name is Marie-Cécile but Celia is shorter. I am a 63 years old woman, coming up 64 soon. I am retired. I have been living for four years in a small village in the center of France, the one I was born and lived in, until 26,  but I lived for 33 years in Paris before comeback and the lifestyle of this city misses me a lot. Life is so much different there and I love big city life.
There is nothing to do here so, I have plenty of free time and I spend it in front of my computer (I am a computer potato).
I have been starting to learn Inglish for two years now because lots of sites on Internet are in English but I took so much pleasure there that I do it now for fun and I added Italian to my list, and perharps the others later.
But I must say, my old brain do want to learn but my tongue is stubborn and I Think I have a BIG accent. :'( :'( :'(

Thomas

Hahaha, a computer potato, that's hilarious. Also, it's a perfect modification of the expression couch potato :D And Italian, too! Mi piace molto l'italiano, ma sfortunamente, non posso parlarlo bene :(

A Blackberry is a type of cell phone -- a picture of mine is attached below (I'm at work, so I can't upload files to the website ;) )

"to be addicted to something" = être accro de quelque chose

So saying that I am addicted to my Blackberry means that I really enjoy using it, and I use it so much that I have difficulty stopping. Of course, this is just an exaggeration....mostly ;)

Saying that it is a Crackberry, that is a different way of making the same joke. Crack is an illegal drug that is very addictive, so people in the US often make the joke that something is really addictive by changing part of the word to crack. You can do it with lots of different words, but some are more common than others (such as Crackberry).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Toinamph

Hello everybody, my name is Antoine, I'm 18 and I live near from Lyon.
I discovered anglaispod.com one week ago, while I was looking for a website in order to improve my English. And I chose anglaispod because I guess it's a very good one. The lessons are clear, and for different levels. I particularly appreciate "Expressions lessons", I think that's very interesting. It enables us to hear and learn English as it is really spoken, because I'm not sure it is the case at school.
My main hobby is sport : I love every sports. I also like computing and video games.

Thomas

Welcome to the forum Toinamph, or Antoine rather! :) I'm glad you found the site, and hopefully you will continue to enjoy the lessons. A lot of people seem to like the Expressions lessons, and I really enjoy making them, too. Unfortunately, when I was learning French, I never learned many expressions or much "real French", so I found myself at a disadvantage when I started conversing with native speakers, and that's why I make those lessons.

Ok, so you like sports a lot -- which one is your favorite?

Toinamph

Well, my favorite one is tennis, but I like many others : cycling, track and field (or athletism ? i don't know how to say that), swimming, etc. I also enjoy winter sports, especially biathlon and alpin skiing.

mamour

me too tennis not nadal  olympic winter especially hockey on ice
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

Sport is good, but the after, it's better!

Thomas

Yep, it's track and field. I really like tennis, too. I suck at playing it, though, so I usually just watch it instead ;)