Advanced Lesson 006

Démarré par Thomas, 21 Déc 2007 10:06

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

Je suis de retour! On a maintenant Advanced Lesson 006, mais aussi on a la réponse à la question que plein de gens m'ont posée: oui, je vais continuer le podcast. Malheureusement, j'étais vraiment chargé, mais je crois que les choses peuvent retourner à comme c'était avant. Alors, merci à tout le monde pour rester abonné, et un grand rebonjour!

-Thomas

Et n'oubliez pas de regarde la nouvelle page des photos et de m'envoyer vos questions pour le podcast!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

Yeah, a new podcast! Thx. ;)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

I'm useless at lesson advanced!!!I understand nothing  :-\ :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

Citation de: mamour le 21 Déc 2007 17:56
I'm useless at lesson advanced!!!I understand nothing  :-\ :D

Just try, you might be surprised. ;)

mamour

I didn't understand evrything but....in part :-\

John Doe

Citation de: mamour le 21 Déc 2007 19:37
I didn't understand evrything but....in part :-\

Hang on, the best is yet to come. ;)

mamour

thank you for your encouragement  :-*

Bettina

Hi everybody,
me and Nina we wish you a Merry Christmas !
Thanks Thomas for the new lesson. Wonderful. . . I think you are happy to be at home, even it's for a short time.
Mamour, keep on ...you have to listen very often the new lesson and I'm sure you will be able to understand. ;) :)

Flo

Thanks fot the advanced lesson six...Many  French universities have been built after 1968.. a famous year in French wellknown for big strikes, first with the students and also in the factories. I think, Thomas you have heard about that... In Mai, all the country was disorderly, no train, no administration, no petrol.. In the university,on day and night, strudents, intellectuels, wellknown personnalities, workers make sitting and discussions...In the streets, in each big town people was crying for more liberty, more money, less power from the hierarchy and the capitalist...
So, to evoid this problem to come again, politics think that the big university can melt to many people and itwas difficult for the police to maintain security. All the big structures were burst. Students were send out of the city. The famous exemple in Paris was the Sorbonne which keep actually only  students with  uncommon specialities. Nanterre was built in the fields.They  create many little places  for the  differents subjects or types of  teaching.
Do you understand why students are not in the center of the town or in one big place ? The government are afraid about the French youth, often  claiming,  sometime  manipulated by a minority.
Thomas I see that you have made the experience of strike.. a french speciality perhaps.  Give me your  opinion about the difference of the level of the studing, the building ,of French and American universities. I think French University is  very poor. There is no problem to enter, so they are to much students and not enough money !

Thomas

well, Flo...perhaps there is not enough money in French universities, but to tell the truth, going to school in America is simply too expensive, so many smart people cannot go! It's difficult to make a direct comparison of which is "better", because in the end, French universities are very independent-study oriented (you do lots of work on your own, the professor does not tell you much about what to do), whereas American universities are very directed study oriented (the professors guide you a lot as far as how to do your assignments). So the education is very different, and difficult to compare!

As for the strikes....well, yes, they are a very "French" experience :) Strikes are very rare in the US and usually are very small (however, there is currently a very large, important strike going on in the United States - the writer's guild strike), so it's very strange to see them! While I was in the States for Christmas, I got to talk to a lot of family and friends to discuss the differences between American and French strikes, because lots of people were interested!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.