Advanced Lesson 004

Démarré par Thomas, 23 Août 2007 01:20

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

Advanced Lesson 004 est en ligne. Cette leçon parle de quelque chose que beaucoup de personnes voulaient comme leçon: le système scolaire américain!

-Thomas
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

izidor78

Thomas,

I've a problem with this lesson : I can't get it on iTunes (7.3.2) on Mac OSX (10.4.10)
When I try to get it, a message say "Il est impossible d'établier la connexion réseau" and an explamation dot is printed near the grid.
But, I can listen this lesson on your website.

Has anybody already met this problem ?

Thanks a lot Thomas for this new lesson.

Bye.

Bettina

Hi Izidor78,
I had no problem to get the lesson on iTunes(7.3.2.-like you!) and Mac OSX(10.4.10-like you!)
I hope you will find the reason quickly!

Thomas

Due to a technical problem (which Bettina pointed out earlier), I had to temporarily take the file down so I could upload the new one, so it's possible that you tried to download it during that time.

Actually, the player on the website and the RSS feed for iTunes use different copies of the file (for a variety of reasons, feel free to ask if you so desire :P) so that's why if one doesn't work then the other should still work.

But if it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll go double-check everything.

izidor78

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem... :-[

Thanks for your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thierry

Hi Thomas

've listened the avanced lesson 004 and i found it very interesting even if sometimes you speak a little bit too fast for me. I understood the meaning.
But I think I've to listen again.
Next time please speak just a little slowly. ( I'm joking)

thank you  Thomas

lorenzo

It works on iTunes now !

lorenzo
Hello, I want to speak english with you....I like to learn.

Thomas

I talked to the people at my web host, and they said that they were having a DNS problem with one of the servers, so perhaps that was the cause of it.  I deleted my copy of the new episode and it let me redownload it with no problem.

If it still isn't working, try unsubscribing and then subscribing again to it, that sometimes fixes download problems.

Welcome to the forum, lorenzo! :)

izidor78

Now, It works on iTunes for me too. Thank you.

But not with RSS feed. :-[
I think that there is a mistake in the RSS feed because the path of this podcast (Advanced Lesson 004) file is http://www.anglaispod.com/appr_adv004.mp3 whereas usually the other podcasts are in http://www.anglaispod.com/podcasts/podcastname.mp3

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thomas

Oh, thanks for pointing that out! Fixed and updated :)

izidor78

All is good now.
Thank you  :)

linepathfinder

hi Thomas i sent you last week the french typical mistakes, and still i have no feedback from you, I'd like to know your opinion about it.

Thomas

Oh, yeah, sorry :( Sometimes I get behind in actually responding to emails!

I actually really enjoyed it. I printed it out and have it sitting on my desk :P The funny thing is, a lot of them are true in reverse, too, as in we make the equivalent mistake in French. I find it to be a very good insight into the French mind :D  So thanks again, and sorry again about not responding yet!

You know, I think it would actually be useful for everybody here. Would you want to post it in General Discussion? Or would you want me to post it?