Advanced Lesson 008

Démarré par Thomas, 09 Mar 2008 22:30

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

It's time to discuss politics! Many people have asked for this, so here is the (first) lesson about politics and the American government. While preparing this lesson, I realized just how much materiel there is about it, especially because the presidential campaigns are going on right now! So there will be many other lessons, at various levels, discussing different aspects of politics. Oh, and I love that I said something like "today, we're going to discuss two things" but then I immediately list four different things. You can see that I plan well! So enjoy listening to what is officially the longest episode ever of Apprendre l'anglais.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

patard

I heard your podcast this morning , good podcast , large subject. I'll need to listen several time to keep in mind all the informations.
I like to listen informations on one subject from several places.
There is also informations about the american political systhem , and the history of this systhem on:
http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/archive/2008-01/2008-01-09-voa1.cfm
Thanks Thomas
Best regards

John Doe

Very interesting! Thx boss. ;)

The Supreme Court  seems to be a good place for working! A good job for entire life! :D
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

patard

I heard it twice this morning , while milking my goat. Very good podcast indead.
And a  question: why are we more interested with the american political system , than with the english , or the german , or the spanish political system.
I think that we have more informtions from the usa than from the other states of the europeen union.

John Doe

It's a big country very influant in the world. His impact on world economy and politics is big.

(And maybe a little bit of american dream... ;) )
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Amokrane

Great podcast , i really appreciated the longer of it !
Of course , i need to listen it again , and again :)
Oh yes , i wanted to ask you something , i've found last time my brother reading the american constitution  , i've just read the first page and i found it very very interesting and it contains many useful informations . But , i don't know how to find it , on the internet any link ? ( my brother told me that he gave it to a friend and he still doens't remember where he found it..)

Thank you ;)

Thomas

Hello Amokrane and welcome to the forum :)

Well, the US Constitution is quite long, but I found the site USConstitution.net which has the Constitution, the Declaration of Independance, and a few other interesting political documents. The site is a bit cluttered, but if you look in the section labeled "The United States Constitution" and then the subsection "The Text" you can find different ways to read it, either all on one single page or by section, whichever you prefer!

Hope that helps :)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Amokrane

oh that was exactly what i was looking for , thank you very much Thomas ;)