Appearance of the forum

Démarré par Thomas, 06 Mar 2008 01:04

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

One of the things I have started to work on is the "theme" of the forum. The current theme is fine, and I like it, but I want to customize it and make it more personal. I have created a theme that I call, very simple, "AnglaisPod Theme". If you want to try it and see what it looks like, go to "Profil", then "Affichange et disposition", then at the top, click "changer" for theme and pick AnglaisPod Theme. Right now, I have only made two changes, both very small, but over the next few days I am going to experiment with different things and see how they work. If you decide to try the new theme, keep in mind, there may be a problem sometimes, and the appearance of the forum may change from day to day (though probably not drastically, not too quickly at least).

Once I have finished tweaking the new theme, I will automatically change all old members and all new members over to use it. However, if you do not like the new theme, you can always change back! The current theme is called "SMF Default Theme - Core". If, after I am done making the new theme and have changed everybody over, if you don't like it, you can just change your theme to "SMF Default Theme - Core" and your boards will look the same again!

I should say, a few changes will affect everybody, but most will not. For example, I have made three changes right now:

1. If you have a new private message, the [1] or [2] or whatever shows up as [1] instead of white, which is easier to see I think.

2. In a thread, on the left under the stars, you will now see the date that user registered.

3. If you go to the main forum page, at the bottom, where you see something like "2 Invités, 3 Membres" for the "Membres en ligne" section, spiders (Google, MSN, Yahoo!, etc...) now show up seperately (they used to show up as Invités).

That's all I have changed so far. Changes 1 and 2, I believe, only show up for people using the AnglaisPod Theme. Change 3, however, shows up for everybody. But that is just an example of how some changes are for all themes and some are just for the new theme.

As always, comments are always welcome :D And if you have any suggestions or ideas for what I should change or features I should add, please let me know that, too! (and before someone asks, yes, I am looking into an integrated chat program, but I don't know if I will do it yet or not)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Thomas

For those who are interested, I will try to keep this list updated...

Full changelog:
(changes that affect default theme in bold)

• new private message indicator changed from white to red
  • shows date users registered in posts (and yay, it changes based on user's language preference :D )
  • spider counter added to online guest/member counter
  • change language drop-down box added to top (location different in default theme)
  • added "profile awards" (award list will be created later, i just added the ability to give awards)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Flo

Aujourd'hui une suggestion entièrement en français. J'ai beaucoup de mal à comprendre toutes les astuces de l'informatique et lorsque Thomas et d'autres, vous parlez de technique, c'est comme une langue étrangère pour moi. D'ailleurs, j'aimerais savoir ce qu'est un "widget"...
Je pense que celà conviendrait à tout le monde et spécialement aux anciens : que lorsque l'on clique sur une rubrique du forum, ce soit la fin de  la page qui apparaisse et non le début de l'ensemble de toutes les pages que constituent la rubrique.  Il me semble que tout le monde est obligé de faire dérouler les pages ou de remonter au début pour cliquer sur le bas de page et voir les derniers messages....
Ceci, parce que Thomas tu nous demandes toujours notre avis...Bye.... 

John Doe

Wikipedia a souvent des réponses pour ce genre de question. ;)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Selma

merci john !
J'ai été voir la définition ! Et ainsi je suis moins ignare qu'il y a un instant c'est toujours un grand moment cela ! :)
En plus je ne pensais pas à aller chercher là ce genre de chose ! maintenant j'irai !
merci !
selma

F-Rose

If you want a new theme for forum Thomas
i'm here
join me by mail and i can make it for you
"If you have nothing to give, Give Love" MJ

irom

Bonsoir thomas je suis tro content de trouver tes podcasts.
Je veu apprendre l'anglais, cette langue me plait est peu me servir pour le boulot et la vie de tout les jours  .
Je trouve que l'anglais et beaucoup utilise en langue informatique , et c vrai je beug un peu sur les mots  .

Je te souhaite une bonne journée  et peu être :) a+

Caiomhe

Citation de: irom le 06 Avr 2010 22:32
Bonsoir thomas je suis tro content de trouver tes podcasts.
Je veu apprendre l'anglais, cette langue me plait est peu me servir pour le boulot et la vie de tout les jours  .
Je trouve que l'anglais et beaucoup utilise en langue informatique , et c vrai je beug un peu sur les mots  .

Je te souhaite une bonne journée  et peu être :) a+

Salut,

Je ne veux pas faire la rabat-joie psychorigide, et c'est une très bonne chose de vouloir maîtriser la langue de Shakespeare (et de bien d'autres  ;) ), mais attention tout de même au Français! Nous sommes ici sur un forum, pas dans un sms géant!

Néanmoins, bon courage pour ton apprentissage!  :D
Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on with a mirror and a razor lay crossed.