Advanced Lesson 011

Démarré par Thomas, 02 Oct 2008 01:14

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

We're going to the movies! Or at least, talking about the movies. Today we look at some of the differences and similarities in going to the movies between the US and France, as well as some points about movies in general. We also discuss some pros and cons to going to the movies compared to staying at home to watch a movie. Enjoy, and don't forget the popcorn 8)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

The cell phone, a pain at the theater...

They spoil me The lord of the ring>:(
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

mamour

I have a sister in law who lived in Canada for one year and she ate salted pop corn when she came back in France.I tasted it!!!it's horrible!!!

Thomas

Ok so mamour, I have to ask -- how do you like your popcorn? Salt, butter, maybe some powdered cheese (parmesean I think, but I'm not sure), those are the most common toppings on popcorn here. Personally I like putting some ground cayenne pepper on it, too, but that's just me and my obsession with peppers. But what do you like on it?

mamour

only with sugar,maple syrup,or with caramel but it stick( ??? I'm not sure of the verb) of my teeth  :D

sea

cayenne pepper on pop corn ! I have never heard it ! the first time! LOL!

Joëlle

Hello Thomas
I was so glad today to download the new advanced lesson 011. Thanks a lot for everything and especialy for the fun when your cell phone rang. Was it on purpose  ...? because you didn't seem disturbed, did you ? It was so acurate, the ring and your reaction, very good, very profesionnal.     

Thomas

Oh ok, so you like sweet popcorn! That makes sense. We actually do have sweet popcorn here, too, often with caramel or butterscotch (I think it's butterscotch at least...). I like it too sometimes, but you're right, it sticks to my teeth too :P

And sea, you should try it! I know that mixing spices with popcorn sounds weird at first, but it's actually quite good. Just keep in mind that I really enjoy spicy foods (as you can see -- those are all my hot sauces), but I think that cayenne pepper is really good and the flavor works well with popcorn. You need to have some sort of liquid, maybe a vegetable oil or something (or even a syrup, like Mamour would like ;) ), that the popcorn is cooked in, otherwise the cayenne pepper won't stick.

Haha, no, the cell phone ringing was not on purpose. It takes me about an hour or so to record a podcast usually, so I do get calls sometimes during them, but I always edit the noise after, or just pause and rerecord, I just left this one in on purpose. Usually my phone is silenced though, so I don't have to worry about it 8)