What movies would you recommend watching ?

Démarré par Spinto, 23 Mai 2009 11:43

« précédent - suivant »

Spinto

What are your favourite films and why do you like them ?  

Let's talk about that, shall we ?  :D
Only connect

Caiomhe

Dead Poets Society!!!
Simply because it is just so... true! Keating's conception of literature is mine! (and perhaps that's why I like Joyce...  ;) ). At the beginning I always laugh at the headmaster's speech because on my first day on my own "prépas", our headmaster tells us exactly the same thing... so a posteriori it is very funny!
And both tragedy and comedy are mixed: it confers it a very kind of magnificience.
Moreover Robert Sean Leonard is very gorgeous!  :P

And of course, The wind that shakes the barley, needless to say why; it is so wonderful that nothing can explain it! You feel it, you can't talk about it.

(sorry my sentences don't make sense today, but I've just switched from Ancient Greek to Eglish so it is the mess in my head!  :P I am even not able to speak in French... perhaps I should shut up...  :-X )

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on with a mirror and a razor lay crossed.

Spinto

Dead poet's society is a wonderful film indeed, I watch it from time to time, and the film's conception of literature that is also your is also mine ! I see now, why you like House so much. Because of House, but also because R.S. Leonard is in it. ;D

I've never heard of The wind that shakes the barley. It's been named after a famous poem. I'm very curious about that, I look forward to watching it.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions Caiomhe !
Only connect

Caiomhe

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on with a mirror and a razor lay crossed.

mamour

Incognito  :D because it's funny!! and Dead poets society!! I cried a lot in front of this movie and "la Bamba"too
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Spinto

Lovely shamrock ! Is that your blog ? It's a really nice blog, and there's even the recipe of shortbreads. I love shortbreads. But aren't they Scottish ? :D

Mamour, thanks ! I've never heard of both films, I'm definitely going to watch them when I find them.

Alright, my favourite film ever is a very well-known but still... It's Modern Times by Charles Chaplin. I love it ! Recently, I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and found it awesome. When I don't know what to watch, I really appreciate a film with Keanu Reeves in it, because I think he's the worst actor ever (no facial expression whatsoever, a monotonous voice, this guy's a robot). It makes me laugh so much.  ;D ;D ;D
Only connect

mamour

Keanu Reeves is a great actor!!!! La Bamba is a movie about Richie Valens' life with Lou Diamond Phillips!
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Caiomhe

Citation de: Spinto le 24 Mai 2009 18:07
Lovely shamrock ! Is that your blog ? It's a really nice blog, and there's even the recipe of shortbreads. I love shortbreads. But aren't they Scottish ? :D
Yes Lovely is my little baby! lol It is a bit heteroclite but... perhaps I am.  ;)
And I love shortbreads too! But don't worry, there it is an Irish recipe  :P

Spinto

I think being heteroclite is good ! Did you try carrot cake. I'm addicted to carrot cake, shortbread, muffins, and oh my god cheesecake. :o Some of these recipes are American of course !  ;D

CitationKeanu Reeves is a great actor!!!! La Bamba is a movie about Richie Valens' life with Lou Diamond Phillips!

I didn't know who Richie Valens was. He was only 17 when he died, and Buddy Holly died in the same accident. Do you know that song that Madonna covered that's called "American Pie" ? She didn't write it, I don't remember who did I'm sorry, but I know that this song is a tribute to Buddy Holly and to those who died in this accident, I guess. The line "the day the music died" refers to that accident, because the victims were important musicians.

Only connect

Caiomhe

And what about James Bond?!!! I Love Him!!!!!
Pierce Brosnan <3 <3 <3  ::)

Spinto

When I was a kid, I used to watch reruns of a TV series featuring Pierce Brosnan : Remington Steele (not sure about the spelling). Have you heard about it ?
Only connect

Caiomhe

Spinto

I found it quite funny back in the days. The main character is a private detective, a woman. In order to protect herself I guess, she lied and pretented to be merely the assistant of a man (Remington Steele), and she says he's her boss. He doesn't exist. One day however, a man pretends to be Steele for some reason (it's Pierce Brosnan), and then he stays with that woman and the do detective stuff like catch criminals and so on. The thing is, I don't know if it's still watchable you know. It's getting old (25 years old or so). I think P. Brosnan is even better in this series than in the Bond films !  ;)

You can have a look on the imdb website : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083470/
Only connect

Maxime

Citation de: Caiomhe le 11 Juil 2009 12:46
And what about James Bond?!!! I Love Him!!!!!
Pierce Brosnan <3 <3 <3  ::)

Sean Connery is better (and Roger Moore) :P

aparima69

i like the Isabelles adjani's movies.
I m so happy about her come back last monthes ago .
My favourite movie is 'L'été meurtrier' and 'Camille Claudel'.
I appreciate pedro admoldovar' s movies . i think he is a great director!!