A letter from Flo

Démarré par Thomas, 09 Fév 2008 03:21

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

I received the following email a couple days ago from one of our fellow forum members, Flo, and in it, she asked me to put it on the forum, and also to post the picture she attached, so here you go! As usual, thanks for the email :)

Dear Thomas,
I laughed when I saw your last photo. "Public restrooms", as you said, or also "bathrooms" can be an important topic when we are abroad. First, how to ask politely or poetically "j'ai envie d'aller aux toilettes". I've heard "je voudrais cueillir des fleurs!", but also more coarsely " je veux pisser!". Public restrooms can be fun for tourists. So, I'm sending you a picture of one of them , I won't specify the place, I only want to laugh, not to jeer...
But especially for you Thomas, I tell you that we (the French!) have made progress in bathroom cleanliness.  I'll also say that in France you can enter in any café or brasserie and go to the bathroom, whether you ask or not, if there are not many people, whether you give a tip or not!
I always enjoy hearing the lessons and going the the website. Thanks!  Bye...

P.S. Thomas, you can put this email on the forum, but please correct the mistakes beforehand; I think it's better for the readers. I don't know how to put a picture directly on the forum.
I have not forgotten to send a picture from my trip to Cambodia and Vietnam and comment on it, but I took two hundred pictures and I recieved four hundred from my friends. To tell the truth, I'm still hesitating, but be patient! I am also a little busy...

Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

he has his trousers!!! :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

It's George, he can.  8)   ;D
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

patard

I made a trip in us in 1971 . We left New York , drove south to New Orleans ,  then west to gand canion , and we came back to Chicago and New york.
We slept in camping and american toilets are my worst remain . Very  often toilets in camping or in freeway were without doors. I even remain of toilets in a little camping where toilets were with to places.

Thomas

Our public bathrooms really are quite bad...it's unfortunate!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.