New features!

Démarré par Thomas, 08 Nov 2007 05:11

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

I have decided on some new things that I am going to add to the website/podcast:

-an "Extras" page where you can download things such as computer wallpapers, the widget, etc.
-a "Photos" section, which is going to be a weekly feature where I post a different picture online along with a short paragraph describing it in English. The idea is that you can read what I wrote and have the picture to look at at the same time. For the most part, at least for the moment, I plan on using various pictures from Tours.
-I am going to start picking one listener question to answer in each episode. I am, obviously, going to pick shorter questions. I think this will be useful because I find that often listeners ask questions about things that I never would think to explain, and I find that when one person wants to know something, usually a lot of other people do, too. I plan on using questions that I get by email as well as questions asked on the forum.
-"AnglaisPod in the Press" which I believe should be "AnglaisPod dans la Presse"? Correct me if that's wrong, svp. Anyway, this is going to be a page on the website that contains different reviews of the podcast. I am going to start out by copying all the reviews from the iTunes Store (all of them, not just France), but I will also add reviews that I have found on various websites and other places, as well, of course linking to the places where I found them, too.

These features should roll out (i.e. become available) at different times within the next couple of weeks, but before I finalized them, I wanted to announce them here on the forum so I could get preliminary feedback from you guys. If you have any comments about them, ideas (especially for the Extras page), feel free to let me know!

-Thomas
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

Cool stuff! Thanx. :)

"AnglaisPod dans la Presse" is correct. ;)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Paeleben

Yeah ! It's a good idea ! The website is know more and more each day and it's really intersting  to see its evolution. Thx !
:D

Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...

Flo

Yes, we enjoy all the news tools and hope they will help us to speak better... For me it is very hard!

mamour

I don't have understood everything but that seems great!!!   :-\ :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Thomas

The new photos section is now available!

The Photos Page

Before I announce it on the podcast, I would like to get the opinions of people here :) Comments, criticisms, ideas -- anything is welcome and thanks in advance!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

I like this idea. Besides, that allows me to discover this city which I don't know. :)

John Doe, powered by Orange. ;D
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

I leave in Maine et Loire and I know this river!!!and there are any beatiful landscapes along this river!!and on the Loire,they carried salt on boats named Gabares!!!!!and me too I powered by Orange
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Flo

Thomas!and the friends of the forum
Hello ! I am back from my journey in Vietnam, Cambodgia...Thanks for the view of " un pont sur la Loire". I am happy when I can travel in foreign country, that gives us a large oppening on the world and others people, but I like alo to visit France which is very various, and especcially deep countryside...
Very nice the idea of putting pictures on the forum and comment them. But how to do that?
I never understand the last part of  the other propositions with the documents of internet. What to have and what to do ! Bye Flo