a newsletter

Démarré par Thomas, 08 Fév 2008 08:12

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

A little while ago, the idea of a newsletter was brought up. At the time, I decided that it was too much work, so I could not do it. However, recently I have found a very easy way to do a newsletter (thanks to Google Groups), so I wanted to see if any of you had any ideas for what I might put in one...or any opinions you have.

Of course, if you still don't like the idea of a newsletter, that's perfectly ok! :) You don't have to subscribe, I really do not care if you subscribe or not, the number of subscribers is completely irrelevant. All I want is to provide a helpful service to those who do want it, and with Google Groups, it is surprisingly easy!

List of ideas for the newsletter

• news -- news and announcements for the podcast or website
  • culture -- short paragraph about a different part of american culture each week
  • recent episodes -- list of recent episodes with descriptions and links
  • photo of the week -- link to the most recent photo of the week
  • new links -- if i have added new links to the website, i will list them here
  • upcoming features & episodes -- discussion of episode ideas i have or new features i am planning for the website

and to confirm, I am planning on this being a weekly newsletter
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

May be usefull. I'm in! :)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Najib

Excellent idea : if you want this newsletter, I do it (no need to use Google...)  ::)
Enjoy !

Flo

What do you mean when you speak about a newsletter, it's a  fictive document that we receive ewery days, but  what  will it contain?   ???

Thomas

Well that's a good point, I should explain what the newsletter will contain!

I'm going to change my first post to include a list of ideas I have for the newsletter, so go up and read it :)

Remember, if you guys have any ideas, just post them here!

patard

my dream is a newsletter in english for french learning english and in french for english spoken learning french.
I'd like too some english spoken learning french in this forum . If they write in french ; french speaking could correct their french , and they could correct our english, especialy mine.
It would be a good bridge beetwen french and english spoken. And of course French spoken and english spoken all over the world.

Thomas

It would be very nice if more native speakers of English came here, you're right...if you know anybody, tell them to come!

I don't know if Kate will ever be back, she hasn't been on here since December :(

patard

There are many alliance française in big english spoken  city like Dallas for instance.
It could be interesting to inform them of this forum.

Thomas

I will see if I can find some contact information for some of these people. The more people on the forum, the better!

Oh, and patard, since you said you want to be corrected, here's one for you:

"...in big english spoken city like Dallas..."

In this case, you need to use the -ing form of to speak instead of the past participle. So it should be...

"...in big english speaking cities like Dallas..." :)

patard

Thanks a lot. I prefer to write with mistakes than not to write. Then I like when someone can correct my mistakes. You are realy very kind. :)

Thomas

I agree, it's much better to write with mistakes than not to write at all! You can see me make mistakes in French all the time, but that doesn't stop me from trying ;)

Flo

yes, the chief point is to pratice... I heard Thomas the last lessons again, and I smile when you speak French, you speak  now like a native : "j'ai ne petite idée qui me passe par la tête " et aussi l'utilisation fréquente du mot "truc"!  friendly... :)

Thomas

Thank you very much Flo! Hopefully I'm helping all of you to sound more like native speakers of English, too ;)

And yay, the first newsletter just went out a few minutes ago! I hope that everything...well...worked...since it was the first time. If anyone on the forum is subscribed to the newsletter, could you forward (transférer) the message to me? I only know what it looks like before I sent it...I really should subscribe to my own newsletter, huh :P

nicolas

i don't have her, it's normaly (normal?)

Paeleben

Maybe you have written a wron email adress. If it's not the case, it's because th newsletter appeared sometimes, not directly after the inscription. I think...  ;D
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...