Do not pay attention to French people criticism

Démarré par solia, 16 Oct 2010 14:06

« précédent - suivant »

solia

;)
Hello Thomas,

Because I do as YOU do, each day when I go on your podcasts, I think : OK, today I will send an email to Thomas to thank him for his great help with us. One day, two days, three days later... just nothing.

Well, you won't know what I mean if I don't start at the beginning : this morning, I was listening the "expressions 7" lesson and it made me very angry with French people always complaining. But, because you have come to France, you know now that French people is never satisfied about anything ; we are very well-known to be the most "râleurs" on earth. (excuse my English language but I am only intermediate).

So, in this lesson, Bernard  >:( told you "ton ramage ne vaut pas ton plumage".
First, I will answer him that "it's easy to be a critic but hard to be an artist". I think that it's totally unjustified. Does Bernard make some free activities too ? Can't he realize that it's such a work to make the podcasts : recording, written explanations, material ; not to mention the time that it takes ; updating the blog, answering on the forum ? Is he too lazy to go on the links YOU made and which provide us resources for other English sites ? Can't he think that you have your own life like everybody of us : work, friends and so many things to do each day... I just can't bear this behaviour, it's totally impolite, unfair, free criticism !!! So DO NOT APOLOGIZE !!!

I have heard in one podcast that you were interested in knowing who is going on your site : I am a 42 year-old woman and I try to restart learning English and Italian (like you I believe) for professional needs.
I will end in saying what I should have written much earlier :  :) many thanks from France for helping us, thank you for the time your have spent on this site, thank you for the great quality of the site and the podcasts, thank you for not asking for money (even if you could have a donation area as many of the sites have). Enjoy your life and don't worry about French people stupidly waiting for new podcasts when there are so many sites for English Learning ! And please, please, DON'T APOLOGIZE !

Once again many thanks. I also copy this text on the forum because it seems to me that my compatriots should have more respect with other people.

Solia

erno

Hello Thomas,
Hello Solia,

I agree with Solia. I remember exactly where the bus was when I was listening to Bernard criticism thanks to my iphone. If I memorized this, it's because I was choked by the way he said you were not reliable and everything.
I think she's right when she analyses Bernard's reaction as a French reflex of universal negativism.

I selected your podcast among 4 others, because most lessons are very helpfull for my level in english, wich is a little below understanding everything you say in "advanced lessons". But mini-lessons, and expressions lessons are a must too!
I tried some links from the web site as well.

Sincerely,
Eric.