Easy english books

Démarré par Teouf, 07 Nov 2009 01:15

« précédent - suivant »

Teouf

Hi all,

First, I really would like to thank Thomas for his production. It's very useful for all of us. Thomas, if you need help to improve your French or just to obtain informations to prepare a podcast, do not hesitate to contact me.

Actually, I'm looking for easy books in English. I like thriller and police romans (how to traduce Romans Policiers?). For example, I recently really appreciate the trilogy of Maxime Chatam, unfortunately, he's french ;-)

So, I would be very interesting to have your advices.

As Thomas could say, Until the next time.

Greg

Nb : Do not hesitate to correct all the mistakes of my post... please, do it

Edhely

Hi Teouf,

I don't really know books in english.. Actually I began recently a book who was in my library. It belonged to my brother when he was in high school a few years ago and I wanted to improve my english reading a book. So I searched and I found " The Catcher In The Rye " written by Jerome David Salinger( "L'Attrape-Coeur" ).
The language is familiar so it often uses some words or expressions like "and all", "crap" etc,..
As I said before, i've just begun it so I can't tell the whole story, I only know this book is from a young boy's point of view ( that's why the language is familiar ). But you can get more informations about it searching on the web.  :)

It's not a detective novel ( or detective story who mean "roman policier" ) but it's quite easy to read so..at least, the first pages I'm reading lol

Anyway, you can read..maybe.. Arthur Conan Doyle or Agatha Christie's novels.. but I don't know if they're easy to read..

That's it, I hope to help you a little bit even if my message isn't really.. explicit..

PS : Sorry if I made a lot of mistakes  :-\

adrienovich

Hello !

If you are looking for easy books, why don't you try the "bilingue" books as a beggining ? You have one page in english and one page in french (read it only if you're lost, or by curiosity)...

And always read a book that you will love, it helps a lot when the reading is difficult (I tried science fiction ;) )

bye !

Caiomhe

Hi!

The adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Conan Doyle?  ;)
Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on with a mirror and a razor lay crossed.