pourquoi est-ce que vous étudiez l'anglais?

Démarré par Thomas, 19 Juin 2007 06:02

« précédent - suivant »

Amokrane

I am learning english for many reasons , one of them is that i have to get the TOEFL which is required by many universities or school now , also for any business career it is necessary to have it).
After, and every body know that the best scientific document are written in english, so the one who doesn't master this language will be allways lost in his filed :)

Finally, english is a very beautiful language and it allows us to discuss with any one else in the world :)

Thomas

Selma, j'espère que l'anglais est plus facile pour toi que l'hebreu, même si seulement grâce à l'ordre des mots, de gauche à droit!

You know, when people subscribe to the newsletter, I have a short question that asks "Pourquoi est-ce que vous étudiez l'anglais?". It's optional, but most people still answer it, and their answers are fascinating...I see lots of answers that are "for my job" or "for school", and lots of answers that are "for books/movies/tv/music/etc." and "I have family or friends in America/England/wherever" but I also see some answers that I never would have expected, such as "for love" -- it's sweet :)

Oh, and my favorite answer so far, hands down:
Q: Pourquoi est-ce que vous étudiez l'anglais?
A: Pour parler anglais.

made me laugh for a long time...
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

sennyann

I'm not very original.
But english is usefull for my job.
My wife doesn't speak english so it's not for love.
But may be for my two young daughter.
I don't really know how to do but i think it would be a good think starting shawing them what english is.

Flo

If I should have an American or a British  boy friend , I think it will be the best to improve my English... too late!!! ::)

slidertrilogy

hy thomas, in fact, I studied english for my future because it`s hard to learn english when you are too old.
and I was a little desapeard but then i saw APPRENDRE L`ANGLAIS

Miss_chinese

Hello tout le monde ...

Bah moi j'ai commencé l'Anglais quand j'étais au CM1, vue qu'on devait choisir une première langue vivante ... j'ai tout de suite accroché et j'ai toujours eu comme des facilités on dirait, ayant commencé à faire du Chinois depuis toute petite (en vérité je suis chinoise :p). Dans l'ensemble, j'adore étudier de nouvelles langues, j'ai commencé l'Espagnol à partir de la 5è et en 1ère, j'ai commencé le Japonais ... Donc ça fait que j'étudies maintenant plein de langues et je trouve que c'est super intéressant et en plus, ça permet de s'enrichir. J'aimerais beaucoup avoir la possibilité d'aller en Grande Bretagne ou aux Etats-Unis pour perfectionner mon Anglais et pouvoir le parler le plus couramment et fluidement possible .. mais pour l'instant, on va dire que c'est pas trop possible ... snif snif ... Mais je suis sûre que je pourrais trouver une année pour pouvoir réaliser ce projet. Donc en gros, si je continuer l'Anglais, ça serait plus pour le plaisir d'apprendre cette langue !!!! J'espère que beaucoup de personnes pourraient l'apprendre par plaisir ...

Donc voilà ...

Mister Butters

Well, I don't really know why i'm studying english (maybe because of my friends, Indeed, About 30% of my friends are americans...)

But that is a good question, I will think about it ;)

Thomas , Thanks for the brain teaser ;)

Bye

kangoogirl

Well, I'm studying english for two reasons:
-thanks to Spice Girls and all boys/girls bands of the 90's.
I was a big fan like many people in the world (posters, lollipops,clothes...) and I started to become interesting on this language by singing all the songs with my brothers (now, they prefer forget this period of their life saying they were not fans even if they were),
-because of my cousins and uncles. I will give everything just to have the same accent (Canadian). I was on holidays in my mother country, Cape-Verde (islands next to Senegal) in 1998, I met my cousins and no one could say a word in French, Portuguese or Creole... and I remembered a day I was trying to say few words in english like "hello" or "how are you" and they did not understand because I was speaking with this little "French" accent ("how she is sweet she is trying to speak English"),
Now, I can speak English but the problem is maybe because I am bilingual (French, Portuguese), I need to speak more and I am living with members of my family who learn quickly languages except me and it is a little bit frustrating... but I hope in sevaral years I could speak fluent English!!

And I want to be interpreter so I have to know 4 or 5 languages...

celia

Hello,

I am retired and I have nerver learned any foreign languages at school when I was a yound girl. When I decided to learn English, it was for two reasons.

The first one : As I have a lot of time off, I often go on my computer and there are lots of sites in English on internet and I want to understand them.

The second one : I have a friend who is living in Canada, Ontario and I want to go and see her donw there. I want to be able to speak with Canadian people. And as she live close to the US, maybe it is possible that I go to make a small trip in this country.

But now, I think I really learn English for fun, especially since I found Thomas's podcasts . They are like a sunray.  ;)

Flo

Congratulation Célia,you write very well English if you never learned this language at school. I am also retired and I try to read,  listen  or learn English every day but sometimes I forget my aim during a long time... Bye Flo

Florence

That's a very interesting question :)
As far as I'm concerned, I study English because I've always wanted to become an English teacher, so... of course I need to speak proper English ^^
I've always loved travelling as well, and I love learning different cultures, making my own point of view richer thanks to that of other people; I guess languages are also about that.
I also see speaking a foreign language (whether it is English, German ...) as a challenge; it enables me to kind of ... hm.... make my brain remain alive (I could not find the accurate words to express my thoughts, anyway, whatever ^^)

I need to practise and practise which is not always easy with my timetable and the people I'm acquainted with (they're all French or West Indian, so the only language we speak is French, of course)

Anyway, I'm too talkative...
Just wondering, is there any topic where the new members can introduce themselves?

Thanks for your podcast, which I've discovered today, and which will hopefully help me improve my "compréhension orale" which is a test I have to take in about 10 days for the teaching exam!

Flo

John Doe

Citation de: Florence le 30 Juin 2008 01:10

Just wondering, is there any topic where the new members can introduce themselves?

I donno, but you can start a new thread if you want it. ;)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Thomas

I get lots of interesting responses to my question "Pourquoi est-ce que vous étudiez l'anglais?" when people sign up for the newsletter....but I got one the other day that I thought I should share, it made me laugh:

question idiote c'est comme si tu dit a qql pk tu mange !!??
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

Je ne suis pas sur que parler anglais soit plus vital (mais il est des plus utiles! )que manger mais bon... ;D

Mais je suis sur qu'il devrait revoir son orthographe. :o
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.