pourquoi est-ce que vous étudiez l'anglais?

Démarré par Thomas, 19 Juin 2007 06:02

« précédent - suivant »

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Joëlle

At the question "Why do you learn English ?" I would like to explain it because the last time I did It was last summer and I was surprised to see that people who asked me the same question was  surprised as I did. So, I learnt English at school a long time ago I thought that I could speak English for ever. It was a big mistake because 20 years after school without any practise for ages I went to Ireland and I couldn't understand anybody there and of course I was disapointed. So, when I came back I decided to learn English but in the right way. That story was 4 fours ago. Now I am happy, I can communicate with people even if I don"t need English at work. The opportunity was last summer I met a couple from the States and we spent time together, had fun, shared a lot about our different life. I did enjoy a lot.
That's my answer.

Thomas

Haha, yeah, spelling can be pretty important ;) I must say though, both English and French have difficult spelling, it's no fun!

That's really the best, Joelle, when you just randomly meet some people who speak a language you've studied and you find that you can communicate with them, it's really very pleasant. Yesterday, actually, at my job, I talked to a woman who was about to go spend a couple weeks in Tours, and it was nice because she was asking me some places to go see, and we spoke in French some, too (she was American, but spoke French very well), and it really made my day.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

Citation de: Thomas le 24 Sep 2008 18:05
Yesterday, actually, at my job, I talked to a woman who was about to go spend a couple weeks in Tours, and it was nice because she was asking me some places to go see, and we spoke in French some, too (she was American, but spoke French very well), and it really made my day.

Good for you!  (Why I don't have american people at my work...)

mamour

Ma too :-\ I have some sucks!!! :P. That's for this reason I'm late :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

organique

Bonjour!

Je sais que ce forum est pour les gens qui apprennent l'anglais, mais j'étudie le français comme une langue étranger.  J'étudie le français parce que je pense qu'il est une langue très belle.  Je suis allé en France il y a trois ans, et je n'ai pas parle un mot de français !  C'était très difficile pour mois et pour mes amis.  J'ai pense que la France est un très beau pays, and je veux y retourner.

Je dirais les raisons, pourquoi j'étudie le français.  J'aime les films, l'alimentaire, et la culture françaises.  Quand j'étudie le français, je comprends mieux ma langue maternelle (anglais britannique, mais j'habite en Australie). 
Pour moi, étudier une autre langue est une compétence fantastique est le français est une langue utile. 

J'espère qu'on peut comprendre ce que j'ai écrié, je sais que mon français est assez « rusty » (Whats the French equivelent for 'rusty'??). 

Au revoir!

Hey everyone, just in case no one was able to understand my French, I'll briefly tell you in English. 
I study French because I think being competent in another tongue is one of the best skills that one can have.  Studying French has increased my awareness and mastery of English. 
I went to France a few years ago and didn't speak a word of French!  It was terrible because my friends and I were lost in Amiens, and we couldn't find a supermarket (which we desperately needed at the time!). 
I also find learning French (languages in general as matter of fact) very fun. =)

John Doe

Rusty/Rouillé.  :)

Et ton texte en français est parfaitement compréhensible. ;)

Pour le supermarché, il aurait fallu interpeller quelqu'un. Je sais que les français ne parlent pas bien anglais,  mais je suis sur que vous auriez pu tomber sur une personne sympathique avec la réponse a votre question.

mamour

hi Organique!!!I'm Mamour!!it's my surname !!!!welcome on the forum!!!!you asked us to correct your french but don't hesitated to correct our english especially John Doe's!!!I'm kidding!!!
permets moi de te dire que ton francais n'est pas si rouillé que ça!!

Thomas

Ben, trouver un supermarché en France, c'est pas trop difficile, il y en a beaucoup! Mais assez souvent, surtout si c'est un petit supermarché, c'est difficile de trouver ce que tu veux! Si tu écoutes je crois Advanced Lesson 002 (ce qui est en anglais et ne t'aidera pas du tout, lol), tu verras que j'avais autant de difficultés à trouver des "dryer sheets" que j'ai dû demander aux auditeurs de m'aider :P

Correction: it was Advanced Lesson 005 ;)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

Citation de: mamour le 02 Oct 2008 19:10
you asked us to correct your french but don't hesitated to correct our english especially John Doe's!!!I'm kidding!!!

you're absolutely right!  :P

mamour

no it's wrong,you speak english very well!!

John Doe

That is what I want that everyone think!

mamour

you 're smart  inconspicuously :D

John Doe

mamour