Nouvelles:

Bienvenue sur le Forum ! Retournez à AnglaisPod.com ?

Menu principal

Appreciated?

Démarré par chrysalis, 22 Avr 2009 21:05

« précédent - suivant »

chrysalis

Hello!

And thanks a million for that wonderful discussion board and for Thomas' amazing Podcasts.

In order to get more familiar with english pronunciation, I often listen to US radios.

Sometimes, listeners call the station and ask for questions or participate to debates.

When they hang up, the speaker often say "appreciated" or "thank you very much. Appreciated".

I guess that the meaning of "appreciated" is more or less similar to "thank you".

Is it actually the case?

When can we say "appreciated" (just that word, not as a verb like in "I appreciate ...")? Can we say that in place of "thank you"? Is it formal or informal?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Frank.

Thomas

Welcome to the forum, chrysalis!

You're right, in this case, the word 'appreciated' is used just like 'thank you.' It's basically a short way of saying "What you did/said is appreciated." If you want to use it instead of 'thank you', that wouldn't be a problem. I would say that it's slighty informal, but it can still be used in most situations.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

chrysalis

Citation de: Thomas le 23 Avr 2009 19:37
Welcome to the forum, chrysalis!

You're right, in this case, the word 'appreciated' is used just like 'thank you.' It's basically a short way of saying "What you did/said is appreciated." If you want to use it instead of 'thank you', that wouldn't be a problem. I would say that it's slighty informal, but it can still be used in most situations.

Thanks a lot for your explanations, Thomas.

Appreciated  :)