Bienvenue sur le Forum ! Retournez à ?

Menu principal

what is the difference

Démarré par Bettina, 04 Août 2007 19:40

« précédent - suivant »


Yeah, you guys is a way of saying "you" but making sure that it's plural. Even though we don't have the tu and vous of French, sometimes there is a need to indicate a plural "you". So we say...

you guys
you all
y'all (not used everywhere, only in certain dialects -- thought of as Southern by most people, but it is found outside the South, too)

Typically, "a guy" is "un mec" or as Freddyben put it, "un gar", -- however, in this case, it simply indicates a plural. It can even be used to a group of people that is entirely female (I just used it maybe 20 minutes ago to two girls to ask "You guys having fun?")
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.


Merci à Freddyben et Thomas pour ces précisions...