propositions subordonnées relatives

Démarré par mamour, 07 Nov 2007 21:09

« précédent - suivant »

mamour

Hi Thomas!!!peux tu m'expliquer qu'elles sont les  "propositions subordonnées relatives anglaises please ?
thank you very much
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Thomas

Ben, expliquer ce qu'elles sont, ce n'est pas difficile:

This is the book that I bought yesterday.
Did you see the person who was wearing the red hat?

There are some examples. The subordinate relative clauses are in bold. In short, when you have one sentence that is used to describe a word (in other words, it's acting like an adjective) and cannot function as a sentence on its own, it's a relative clause. Look at the above examples, and break them into two sentences:

This is the book
that I bought yesterday

Did you see the person
who was wearing the red hat

The sentences "This is the book" and "Did you see the person" are complete sentences on their own, but the sentences "that I bought yesterday" and "who was wearing the red hat" are not (keep in mind that "who" is not a question word in this case), so they are subordinate clauses. Because they are used to describe a noun, they are subordinate relative clauses.

Alors, voici ce qu'elles sont. Mais si tu voulais dire comment est-ce que l'on les forme, et comment est-ce que l'on choisit le pronom rélatif que l'on emploie, ça c'est plus compliqué. Est-ce que c'était ça, ou est-ce que ceci était ce que tu voulais?
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

hi thomas en fait je pensais plus à lequel duquel auquel...could you please translate me this sentence:

the two married in a two-minute ceremony-contucted in Undu-in Paris with a civil ceremony at Richmond Register Office the following month
merci beaucoup

mamour

je me suis tropmée c'est pas Undu c'est Urdu!!!

mamour

j'ai du mal à comprendre où ils se sont marriés si c'est à Paris ou à Londre?

Thomas

Hm...ok, let's see here.

the two married in a two-minute ceremony-contucted in Undu-in Paris with a civil ceremony at Richmond Register Office the following month

"les deux se sont marriés dans une cérémonie de deux minutes -- faite en Urdu -- à Paris, avec une cérémonie civile au Bureau d'Enregistrement de Richmond le mois suivant"

le problème avec cette phrase, la raison pour laquelle t'avais des difficultés, c'est qu'il y avait deux cérémonies, une cérémonie à Paris, probablement réligieuse (mais ce n'est pas specifié), et aussi une cérémonie civile à Richmond (c'est à Londres? aucune idée, moi...le seul Richmond que je connais, c'est en Virginie aux USA mais je devinerais que ce sont pas la même ;) )
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

thank you very much!!it was for a homework of my niece!!!she's stinky in english then it's me who make her homework!! ;)