A little experiment (une petite expérience)

Démarré par Thomas, 17 Fév 2008 16:10

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

As you may or may not have noticed, I have recently been changing several things and adding several things to the site. I'm hoping to improve its usefulness and "professionalism" as well (migrating pages to .php, using more databases for efficiency, and it's not finished yet, but restyling the pages to use divs instead of tables). But one of my main goals is to make the site worth visiting more than once. I've been watching the stats for a long time now, and the majority of visitors only come to the website once, and then never come back. This is not good! So in order to fix that problem, I've added a few things that change on a regular basis (such as this forum!:) ). In the past, several people have suggested that I have a blog of some sort on here, and I didn't know if I wanted to or not, but I've decided to try it. So, here's the link to my newest "experiment" for the site...

AnglaisBlog

And as always, I love feedback, positive or negative :)

Comme vous avez peut-être remarqué, j'ai récemment changé plusieurs choses et ajouté plusieurs choses au site. J'epère améliorer son utilité et son "professionalisme" aussi (migrer les pages en .php, employer plus de bases de données, et ce n'est pas encore fini, mais refaire les pages pour qu'elles emploient des divs au lieu des tables). Mais un de mes buts principals, c'est d'améliorer le valoir de visiter le site plus d'une fois. Je regardais les statistiques pendant longtemps maintenant, et la plûpart des visiteurs ne viennent q'une seule fois au site web, et puis ne reviennent jamais. Ce n'est pas bon, ça! Alors afin de réparer ce problème, j'ai ajouté quelques choses qui changent regulièrement (tel que ce forum ! :) ). Au passé, plusieurs gens ont suggeré que j'aie une sorte de blog ici, et je ne savais pas si je voulais le faire ou non, mais j'ai décidé de l'essayer. Alors, voici le lien à la plus nouvelle de mes "expériences" pour le site...et comme toujours, j'adore le feedback, soit positif ou négatif :)

-------
honestly, it really is just an experiment -- i don't know if i will continue it or not, but with the wordpress system i set up, it's very easy to do, so i want to try it for a little while and see :)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

patard

on some forum I used to go; as soon as there is a new topic or a new reply on a topic ; I have an email to advertise.
Ifind it very helpfull .
on some forum there is a place where one's can introduce himself . The olders on this forum reply with something like : you are welcome or thanks for comming learn englih with us or sometimes something more personnal.
Best regards

Thomas

If you click on "Profil" at the top of the page, then "Notifications et courriels" on the left menu, you can adjust the settings for emails when there are new topics or replies :)

Actually, there is a thread about new members -- it is just an older thread so it was on a different page! :D Feel free to post an introduction if you want.

Flo

What will be the difference between the newletter and the blog? Thanks Thomas...

Thomas

Well, the newsletter will have the following things:

list of recent episodes
news and announcements
new links for the site
culture notes about America

And the blog, well...I'm not really sure what to put on the blog! In general, blogs talk about pretty much everything, so I haven't decided yet. But it will be my personal view or opinion on different topics, I know that much. That's part of the reason I called it an experiment, because I'm not really sure myself!

nicolas

hey Thomas!

don't worry for your site: is great
but like the podcast is too in itunes...

i think the forum is so funny and very interresant!

now the site is better ;)

Thomas

haha, apparently I am really bad at blogging -- I have been posting again, but I was gone for like two weeks, waiting for comments. Apparently I had accidentally set the options to require my approval (which I have now changed), so I thought nobody was reading it when in fact I had a lot of comments...so yeah. I'm back posting there again!

Paeleben

Je pense que le blog serait une excellente idée, notamment pour poster tes commentaires liés aux photos que tu as prises en France par exemple. Traiter par la même occasion des questions postées sur le forum sans avoir besoin de les redire sur le podcast.

Qui plus est les blogs sont vraiment dynamiques et on peut très facilement répondre aux articles, etc.

Moi, j'adopterais le concept.
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...

slidertrilogy

for me, it`s sure that I will return on the site.
It`s very cool here.\
you can practice your english and I saw that you changes
the acceuil.
lol.