Tell me what's your opinion...

Démarré par Bettina, 21 Août 2007 10:11

« précédent - suivant »

Bettina

I don't know what's your solution..
When I am stumped by a new word  I always looked for the translation at Word-Reference. So it was easy to know what it means.. Today I try to break this habit. I think that it will be better to find out the new word here:
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/dictionaryhome.aspx
You will find the explication in english. You find also the pronunciation . It makes sense  of your new word and you will be able to use it in a whole sentence. I think it's a better way for memorizing your vocabulary.
Have a look and try it...

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Bettina

Nice to see that you approve! :)

Sometimes I prefer touching a book instead of my laptop and
today I bought a dictionary where you don't find french translations. It's more difficult but it's very funny.

Ben54

Hi,
This link is interesting but I prefer WordReference. I think that their translations are more precise. I often use it. We can find a few advices on its forum, it bring more informations for the translations. But, it's my opinion !!
Bye

Flo

It is very interesti Encartang

Bettina

Thanks, Ben54 and Flo for your opinion! :)
It's important to know what you think about. For my part I think that both are quite good and useful. It's always interesting to have free choice. Le forum of Word-Reference is excellent.
Personally I try to turn my eyes away from french words and that's the reason for me to use this one. ;)

Flo

Bettina ! Congratulation, I see that you write better and better.... Flo

linepathfinder

Citation de: Flo le 22 Août 2007 22:30
Bettina ! Congratulation, I see that you write better and better.... Flo

Well i'm truely satisfied with my oxford advenced genie installed on my PC, even though it's english to english, it's light not bugging also there's sounded pronunciation and more other stuffs, i find it's one the most rich.....

Bettina

Thank you kindly.
I advance in a slowly way. I am listening everyday english native speakers but I avoid high levels . It's an amazing feeling to understand everyday a little bit more. I have truly fun ... :)

Thomas

You've definitely got the right idea, using English definitions as opposed to French translations. Personally I use dictionary.com to look up English definitions, as it gives the entries from multiple dictionaries, but the idea is to find one that's right for you! It's encouraging to see your excitement about learning English.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Bettina

Perhaps it might be a little bit overmuch. I'm always like this when I like something. ::)
When I think, that I hated English at school ::) :P
The most important think for me , that's to have a big fun! :D
You will see ,Thomas over one or two years we will talk together about interesting topics...Wait and see :D My dream is to speak like Freddyben and I'm sure it will be possible ::)

I'm really stupid! I didn't see before that you had notice the link in your blog. When I discovered your podcast I didn't have the idea to look for translations in english. It's different than Dictionary - MSN Encarta. That's a very good link for advanced learners. Later it will be interesting for me. I keep both of them.
Thanks Thomas

Bye bye