homework!!

Démarré par mamour, 12 Fév 2008 18:56

« précédent - suivant »

mamour

My niece has a new homework for the school about recycling in England  :-\ I understand why she hates english!!
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

patard

Why english people eat there trash?
Recycling trash in england is an interesting subject . May be she can put her work on this forum?
English people have perhaps good ideas about recycling.

mamour

I f I had had the same work in school I think that I would have hated english too ;)

dukenike

I saw this week a coverage on France 2 about recycling taxes in London. The mayor is making a great campaign of informations. Every waste has to be selected in different bins. Lot of policemen check these bins and eventually give a fine in case of very bad will of citizens.

As biology teacher, i can help you on few points for this (very interessing) homework ;D
You may think about :
    How many wastes are producted every day by one englishman in 2007 ?
      What was this production 10 or 20 years ago ?
        How these garbages are considered in a city like London ?

What can we do with all different kinds of wastes ?
              what can we do to decrease our production of wastes?
                What can we make today with all those garbages ? (compost, heat generation, cardboard, plastic, etc...)

One last thing, think about the ecological footprint.

I Hope it can help your niece.

patard

How old is your niece?  What is she interested with? ??? May be she can put her work on this forum.

Thomas

What kind of recycling homework is it? Like discussing different benefits and problems with it? Or just describing the system in England?

I don't know about England, of course, but the recycling in France is so much better than in the US...
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

It is a homework on the recycling because English are bad on(on ?) and consequences for the planet.English people don't recycle enough.My niece is twenty years old

Thomas

I think you mean "English people are bad about consequences for the planet". You could also use "with" :)

Maybe it's a trend, if you speak English, you're bad about recycling, lol...does anybody know about Canada or Australia?

mamour

Her homework speaks only for recycling'english

patard

I think that Canadian and ,may  be australian people a aware with recycling "problem.
Anyway you love your niece, me too ( my of course)
I have no child because of my wife. When I Knew her I told her I had a dream) . To have a boy with her ;as intelligent as her, and as powerful as me.
She replied : no. I have a nightmare , a girl as "poweful" as me and as "intelligent" as you. Poor girl .I don't want to take any chance.
But hopefully I have nieces . One of there who is sixteen went to australia this summer for two months and half.
At that time it was winter in australia, no vacation time.
So she  could  go to school and talk with other teenagers .
Now she speak a fluent english.
She found australian people very friendly and she felt very well during all this time . The vib was great ,she said.
The year  before she went to north Carolina and California, but she did'nt appreciate her vacantions in USA.
May be your niece could be interested in going to  australia and improve very quickly her english.
Best regards

mamour

My niece hates schooll and particularly english class because her teatcher!!

patard

If she cheats with her cell phone in class , may be her teacher hates her  too.
People give nothing for nothing.
It is sometimes a form of human recycling, not only in english classroom.

Regards

Thomas

I think mamour is saying that her neice uses her cell phone to sms people in class, not to cheat! ;)

mamour

yes of course!!!