Differences between American and French Movies

Démarré par Thomas, 05 Juin 2007 02:54

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

For those of you who have seen a few American movies...what do you think some of the big differences between American and French movies are?

----

Pour ceux entre vous qui ont vu quelques films américains...qu'est-ce que vous pensez sont quelques-unes des grandes différences entre les films américains et français?
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

natashka

Hi Thomas ( and thank you so much for all your podcasts! ),

I saw a lot of american movies ( as the most of french ) and my favorite are "realized" by Quentin Tarantino. I love him and his movies as Pulp Fiction with Uma Thurman, Reservoir Dogs ( I think, his first one ). I like see its in original version to improve my english, it's a pleasure!
I also like the film Little Miss Sunshine : it's a good caricature of the american stereotype family and more generally of the american society. It's very funny!
I think that the french movies are as interesting as the american movies but they are with less action, etc... I don't how to say the difference but they are really different!

P.S : I'm really sorry for my english but I'm here to improve it, no? lol!

mamour

which french movies did you see since you are in France?

the difference between American and French movies?first the BUDGET ;) Hollywood is a big machine to make movies!!I think the French are more subtils(les choristes,36 quai des orfevres,la mome,Amelie Poulain)  in general,exept the Luc Besson's movies who works like Americans.Of course in States you have"le silence des agneaux,seven or le sixième sens"..which are more subtils more psychologics.
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Paeleben

Yeah ! I agree with mamour. This is only a question of money. And the only who makes movies like american is of course Luc Besson. When you watch "Le transporteur", "Banlieue 13", etc., you can just admirate the film because of the good scenario and the great action.
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...

Alfast

The film "Arsène Lupin", is it a french film ??? Because I think it is a very best film, but I'm sure that one thing, the story is french.
Apprendre c'est faire le choix d'évoluer

Alfast

I am disapointed because the kind of film, which are as "the lord of the ring", do not exist in France.
Apprendre c'est faire le choix d'évoluer

mamour

money money!!The french culture(music or movies...) have much difficulties for to go to England or USA!!!
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Flo

We cannot forget that the french  movies  offer a large "'éventail" of  subjects and touch différent public. Some French films have an American remake. So, I  think about, La marche de l'empereur (Farce of the penguins), la môme, Persepolis, Le Scaphandre et le papillon, movies in a very different registr... We could also have the same approach for American films....

Paeleben

Yes, not wrong but French movies offer us some morals established on human relationships. Often there is a lot of emotion and the final message regards all of us and not an American private ends. But there are also many movies about Fantasy like The Lord of the Ring, Eragon, etc., that can be made and produced thanks to a lot of money.  :(
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...