Présentations / Introductions

Démarré par Thomas, 24 Sep 2008 00:16

« précédent - suivant »

MakiD

Hi there

My name is Maki  and im from Albania ( U probably r thinking , is it in Europe!?!?) Well It is.Its near Italy in fact. A small little nice country.
I speak italian french and english ( i mean i hope so)
Soon I ll give the toefl test for i need it for collage,and i ll be glad to conversate or to chat with anyone who's interested  in doing the same.
Thomas i think ur podcast is quite interesting,and i really dont know the specific reason y i find  ur french accent really nice and cute. french and english have so much in common except for the accent.
looking forward to receiving a reply
Have fun

M.

Thomas

Hi MakiD, and welcome to the forum! :)

You know, I've actually met somebody from Albania -- it was while I was living in Tours, they went to the same university as me. They were really nice, they spoke like 4 languages (French, Russian, Greek, and Albanian), it was a lot of fun to hang out with them. I'm glad you have found the podcast! You're right about the accent between English and French, they are very different :D
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Kelly

Hello everyone.

My name is Kelly. I'm a native English speaker, but by no means an expert. I've only listened to a few of the podcasts, mostly because of a passing interest to learn French and of course to see what Thomas works on so often.

I live in Florida and am 23 years old. I don't watch television much, but since the third season of Heroes is starting, that may change. Other than that, I enjoy drawing and playing video games, all of which I can beat Thomas at.

John Doe

So many English speaker comes to us! I'm happy!

Bienvenue parmi nous ! :)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

I'm very happy to see the podcast's success(or success of the podcast ?? ???)
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Thomas

Actually, both ways work, the podcast's success or the success of the podcast, they mean the same thing :)

Kelly, you can beat me at drawing, sure. I draw stick figures well (ish), but that's about it. And perhaps at Mortal Kombat. But give me any other video game, and you would die ;) Especially at Starfox. Or Halo. Or...[several hundred games later]...yep, all of those.

Kelly

Any game without falling damage?  :P

mamour

I know an only game bubble bubble  ;D

sébastien

Hello Everyone,
My name is sébastien and I'am 35 old years.
My english is very bad and I would like to speak good.
I work in Paris.
Thanks you Thomas for your Podcast. It's a good help for me to pratice.
I looking for places in Paris where i can speak english with people. Thanks you for yours reponse.

John Doe

Bienvenue Sébastien.  :)

Pour Paris, je ne sais pas, mais vu la taille de la ville, je ne doute pas que tu trouves. ;)

Thomas

Welcome to the forum, sébastien! Hopefully the forum here will help you improve your English.

And Kelly, this is all I have to say.

Airflight

Hi !

My name is David, i am 24 years old. I am computer student, and in order to get my diploma, i have to pass the TOEIC Test.
This podcast allows me to listen spoken english and to learn some usual expressions. In the same time, i watch CNN Student news every day.
I would like to thank Thomas for this podcast.
Like you Sebastien, i am looking for places in Paris where i can speak english with people. Because Listening is good, but speaking is better.

John Doe

Welcome among us Airflight!  8)

AIRDEFAMILLE

Hello

My name is Marie, I'm 36 years old (37 in  november too !) and I want to improve my english, especially because I like to travel. I live in France, in Brittany.
I like to go to cinema, I like listen music...

I just return from vacation in san francisco, and I realise how much I need to practice my english.
I have been an aupair, in england, when I was younger but I forget vocabulary and I have a lot of problems for knowing what tense to use.

But thanks to you , thomas, I am sure that I will progress

mamour

Hi Airdefamille!!welcome to the forum!!and,like you I'm 36 years old 37 in 3 days  :P!!You'll see Thomas is a great teacher ;D