the gun seller

Démarré par mamour, 04 Août 2007 18:45

« précédent - suivant »

mamour

I'm going to try to read "the gun seller"in english and considaring my degree of comprehension,will you be able to help me,please ;)
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Bettina

I try to read (only the chapter one!)of this book with my dictionaire very close to me. I think that the level is not so high as in other books. I'm right? Often I can't understand anything. (Agreed I am blond but nonetheless  ::))

mamour

you know"the gun seller" from Hugh laurie?it's hard to read it?

mamour

I maybe should have to start by harry potter and the Philosopher's stone!(j'aurais peut etre dû commencer par harry potter)!j'espere que je l'ai bien ennoncé

mamour

passive voice intermediate lesson 2 "I should have been started"!that's it ?

mamour

et je dirais meme plus "I should have been begun with"!! NO ?

quentin C

Je ne connais pas le premier bouquin mais en tt cas harry potter, c'est très facile à lire quand tu connais tout le vocabulaire approprié (la magie).
Bonne chance pour ta lecture ;D ;)

Bettina

Hi Quentin C,
Finally I see that "The gun seller" is too difficult for me. Do you know some books easy to read? I'm not very keen on  Harry Potter and I don't know the appropriate vocabulary of the magic.

Freddyben

I'm reading the devil wears prada (le diable s'habille en Prada) which is rather an easy reading. Although it'll not be that easy if you never read English books but don't worry, just skip the parts you don't understand and concentrate more on the parts you better do and it'll improve your English page after page. Nonetheless it is essential to listen to real English to train you ear. As said an expert : reading and listening are the two most important things to get to know a language.
Hopefully, it'll help you :)

Bettina

Hi Freddyben,
There is nothing better than a good advice. I think you have a lot of experience and I am convinced that you're a good example.
thanks again :)

Thomas

Like Freddyben said, sometimes it's best just to skip the parts you don't understand :P Listening and reading really are two of the easiest ways to improve your skills -- you're right, Bettina, he gives good advice :)

And mamour, or anyone else who's trying to read a book -- if you find difficult parts, be they sentences, paragraphs, or words, we're always here for you on the forum!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

hello Thomas!!!thank you very much for your help and your support!!! ;)