Musique

Démarré par quentin C, 29 Juil 2007 21:13

« précédent - suivant »

quentin C

Hi Thomas,
I wanna know what musik do you like? And if it's possible to know the new famous song at USA (for myself I like pop rock)
I think that you like Aerosmith because you use this song in your podcast!
I like too! ;)
Thanks.

Thomas

You're right, I do like Aerosmith -- my favorite song is "Kings and Queens". As far as what other music I like, it really does depend on the day :P Um...I listen to a lot of ska, rock music, and rap, but I also occasionally listen to other stuff, like dance music, classical, and whatever genre Ray Charles is (most say R&B but he really did a variety of genres...).

If you want to find what the most popular music is in the US right now, there are two main places to look: the iTunes Store makes their own list based on how many people buy what (you can change to the US store at the bottom of the main page), but also, I would suggest Billboard.com to see what's popular right now -- if you click "Charts" on the top left, and then "Hot 100" that's the easiest way to see what's popular in general, and they have more specific charts, too.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Kelly

Yes, I'm dragging up year-old posts, rather than creating a new one.

I just wanted to extend this question to everyone. What kind of music do you enjoy and who are your favorite artists? French, American, or any other type of music. I'm always curious as to what people enjoy.

mamour

my favorite singer is Bruno Pelletier!!it's a Canadian singer!!! I like Robbie Williams too,the pop music,RnB zouk and movie's music  :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

sopht

i don't understand
aider moi à me faire parler anglais courament

sopht

i love the musik with the guitar, i like too the rap,hip hop,techno.... ;D

John Doe

A favorite singer? Song?  :)

sopht

yes love complicated by avril lavigne ;D

John Doe

For her french name?  :D

mamour

sopht

MaxX

hi everyone,

so i used to listen to almost every kind of music...ska, rock, reggae, folk, jazz, metal, classical, electro, french music like 'les ogres de barback'. and i still don't like the french variety (i mean songs you can listen on NRJ of fun radio). since the beginning of my travel, i've discovered tons of american and canadian songs, and actually it's really interesesting.

you can feel different influences in america and europe. i mean in america it's more from blues, country, and the result is RnB or folk, rock, etc... and in france, maybe in europe too, it's from popular music (which was almost the same in america and europe until 1800). of course i don't talk about electronic music, because i think it's a world genre.
the big difference is in america music received a huge influence from africa because of their history.
but now, with all media we can have, everydoby inspires everybody...that's the globalization ;)

in north america, it's crazy, i think thomas knows it, CMT...it's the channel of flok music and country music...with cowboys in texas etc....it's so funny, but i like some songs ;)

at last, i don't know why i said 'i used to listen to' but actually, i always listen the same kind of music...i mean, everything execpt 'too commercial' songs like britney spears or artists like that.

thank you, i hope it wasn't too boring for you guys ;)

John Doe

does Britney Spears still sing?  ::)