Anglais - cours

Démarré par anseis, 10 Fév 2008 13:32

« précédent - suivant »

anseis

Good morning,

I'm french and I write now in English becouse my i english is very bad - as you see it. I want to learn this important language for the work and i don't know how i must do. Yes, i can listen this podcast, i can watch american or english movies with subtitles in french or in english, i can read lot of books in english but never i can speak with someone in english, never i can use the vocabulary learn in a book, a movie or other thing, beacous never i speak with someone.

A good solution is to write every day on this forum (i wanted to do it but i lost my connexion for 6 months) and wait that someone marks my text. It's a good things ?

Of course, the best means to learn a language is go to the country where it spok, but i work and i can't leave my job just to speak better English.

Tank you for your marks and suggestions

Thomas

anseis, welcome back! :)

You're right, it's a good idea to write everyday on the forum to practice English. It's helpful if someone corrects you, yes, but the writing itself is also helpful, because it makes you think in English.

A couple corrections for you:

French: écouter quelque chose
English: listen to something

thus "I can listen to this podcast"

also,
connexion --> connection
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

anseis

Hello,

Thank you for your markings. That's very great on behalf of you to spend your time to mark my text. I can't write yesterday because I work very late. It's very hard to write every day, not because of the job but it's very hard to find a subject... an interesting subject. I work in the "Bande dessinée" in French, perhaps i can tell you about this subject.

Well now, i must work !

by

Thomas

You're right, it is difficult to find a subject sometimes. If you can't think of something, try looking at the other topics here on the forum, maybe you can talk in some of those, too!

But personally, I think it would be interesting to hear about bande dessinée! :D

patard

;D
ok I think I understand  exactly what ansis want to say. And I'like  to tell him my own experience .  I have an old Saab 900 , six month ago my clutch went out of order.
So I looked for how to fix it myself. There is some good French site , but I found more explanations on english site.
So I began to read every topics in english about how to fix my car. Not only the clutch.
It was rather easy because I know  mecanic and my car.
when I fixed my  clutch I found a special skill and I felt me in a  hurry to share my skill with other readers of the english spoken site.
I write a topic in English , my english , buy nobody understood what I wanted to say.
So by that time during the day I made phrases in english in my mind to explain what I wanted to say . and step by step people began to understand what I wanted to say.
One know that one of the best way of learning a foreing language is to fall in love with somebody with one  person who speak this langauge and not yours.
Because you are obliged to communicate in this language.
For  me  it is  the same  when you are on a foreing site . If you want to communicate , if you want to share , if you want to participate , you must think in this language , and it  is not very difficult when the subject is important for you.
Regards
of course if sombody can correct my english I would be very happy

Thomas

Haha, you're right, it would be very easy to just fall in love with someone who speaks the language you want to learn, because then you could speak all the time...as for me, I have yet to fall in love with a French girl though ;)

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

Who is GG Dude!!!i'm afraid is a game's caracter???isn't it?? ;)
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Thomas

GG is internet slang for "good game" or "good going", both of which roughly translate to "bien joué", and dude is a slang term for a person, often a guy (but not always), and while my French slang is limited (perhaps someone could help me on this one? :) ) but I would say "mec" for it. There's probably a better translation for dude, though...

@John Doe
However, I said "I have yet to fall..." meaning "I have not yet fallen..." ;) It's a weird grammar structure, no question about that...kind of a funny mix-up on Valentine's Day, though, huh? :P

John Doe

Citation de: Thomas le 14 Fév 2008 20:19
GG is internet slang for "good game" or "good going", both of which roughly translate to "bien joué", and dude is a slang term for a person, often a guy (but not always), and while my French slang is limited (perhaps someone could help me on this one? :) ) but I would say "mec" for it. There's probably a better translation for dude, though...

@John Doe
However, I said "I have yet to fall..." meaning "I have not yet fallen..." ;) It's a weird grammar structure, no question about that...kind of a funny mix-up on Valentine's Day, though, huh? :P

Oops, I mess up. :D

French slang = Argot

For "Dude" you right. ;)

mamour

I thought that was a game :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

Yep, sorry about that. ;)