Nouvelles:

Bienvenue sur le Forum ! Retournez à AnglaisPod.com ?

Menu principal

D'avoir été

Démarré par MissDi, 09 Août 2007 12:14

« précédent - suivant »

Bettina

Do you do that? Tell me, do you speak english in your dreams? I envy you ! 8)

Freddyben

I used to make a lot of these, actually I had trouble speaking in French sometime while I was calling my family back in France. When I came back here I was disoriented for 2 or 3 weeks before getting straight back into my native language, I mean everything was strange around me : language, peoples' reactions, actually about everything, so I wasn't felling quite good, it was kind of hangover. I guess it must be called "the travelling hangover"  :D but after a nearly 1 year trip, it seems pretty normal. Now I still have many thought in English because I work a lot on it but I do less dreams. But what do you wanna do Bettina, what is your goal, do you aim to go in an English speaking land ? If it's so then you don't have to worry whatsoever because I see you've got already the basics, you can write well structured sentences, so your English is not bad at all. You see I got to New Zealand with just a few English words in mind and got along with that until I got fluent in this language, so again no worries, take fun learning it and you'll be away ! ;)

mamour

hello Bettina!!I swear you,you speak english very well!!better than me!!! :D sure!!
hello Thomas!! what means get over thinking in your sentense?
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Bettina

Citation de: Freddyben le 10 Août 2007 00:12
I used to make a lot of these, actually I had trouble speaking in French sometime while I was calling my family back in France. When I came back here I was disoriented for 2 or 3 weeks before getting straight back into my native language, I mean everything was strange around me : language, peoples' reactions, actually about everything, so I wasn't felling quite good, it was kind of hangover. I guess it must be called "the travelling hangover"  :D but after a nearly 1 year trip, it seems pretty normal. Now I still have many thought in English because I work a lot on it but I do less dreams. But what do you wanna do Bettina, what is your goal, do you aim to go in an English speaking land ? If it's so then you don't have to worry whatsoever because I see you've got already the basics, you can write well structured sentences, so your English is not bad at all. You see I got to New Zealand with just a few English words in mind and got along with that until I got fluent in this language, so again no worries, take fun learning it and you'll be away ! ;)

Thanks a lot, Freddyben to talk about an interesting and important time of your life. Here is one of my goal ! To be able to have conversations with english peoples.
I left my native land long years ago. It was an experience as difficult as beautiful. It would be too long to talk about that .( J'ai appris à parler dans le pays et c'est là ,la différence et c'est pour ça, j'ai si peur de ne pas y arriver cette fois-ci) I found many useful tips here in this forum and that's the reason to continue. I don't know exactly why I try to repeat this experience once more. At school, I hated to learn languages. So why is it so important for me ? I have no answer.  I will try to be patient and I will stop to moan and to repeat me all the time. It's not fun and very stupid ! There are thinks much more important  than my problems who grows up in my head.
It's time to close this conversation and to look forward in a better way. Let's go ! Thanks for listen

Freddyben

Thomas

The "get over thinking" actually has two different parts -- the verb "to get over something" means to stop doing something, but it implies that doing so is very difficult. For example, "It's difficult to get over smoking." And the "thinking" part just means that I was trying to get over (or stop) thinking in English.

It's hard to get over thinking in English first --> It's hard to stop thinking in English first.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.