Nouvelles:

Bienvenue sur le Forum ! Retournez à AnglaisPod.com ?

Menu principal

What means: To get laid

Démarré par John Doe, 15 Août 2007 07:08

« précédent - suivant »

John Doe

hi, Somebody can say to me what "to get laid" means? Thx ;)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

I think that means "s'envoyer en l'air".
ah these English they put some Get right and left!!!  :D
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Bettina

Hi Mamour,
I don't know if you're right but if it's that, tell me how did you find the translation? ::)
Do you have a special dictionary?

mamour

in Harrap's and I ear it in movies(vostfr) get lay it's very familiar :P
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Bettina

I hope that this example will give an idea to Thomas for a new special lesson. I remember the proposition of John Doe about "gros mots". Perhaps it's not really important but I think that's very useful for everybody to know a little bit more of these expressions. Thomas would you think again for that, please. It could be very interessting for us. You aren't "obligé" to explain the hardest words!

Freddyben

Yeah that's right, I just saw this in wordreference's forum and the translation is basicaly "s'envoyer en l'air" which applies to men and women.

Bettina

I told this to my husband and he teaches me that "s'envoyer en l'air" would also mean " To eat a great delicious meal" It's funny, isn't it? :D
There is also " prendre son pied" It's not a vulgar expression. It's cute and I don't know to say it in english.

John Doe

Citation de: mamour le 15 Août 2007 09:15
I think that means "s'envoyer en l'air".
ah these English they put some Get right and left!!!  :D

Thx a lot!
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Bettina

I'm sure that you will find a lot of words, John Doe. You are invincible ! If it will be without vulgarity we will have a lot of fun. 8)
Members, what do you think about? ??? Please, what's your opinion?

Freddyben

I just wanna answer on "prendre son pied", I think that in some way it could be translated by "get a kick out of something" which is on sexual. If it is sexual, a male would say "I really got off on it" and a female would say "it was hot". Of course there must be many more of these ....
Yeah you're right Bettina, we're better to use not vulgar expressions, it's more funny.  :)

Bettina

Thanks for translating in such different way. That's good to know and to see whow much it's different for women and for men.
Expressions like these are nice to learn.We don't be children. Could you reassure me? Am I right to think so? Don't be afraid to tell me if I'm wrong.

Freddyben

Bettina

Forget it, please. I'm reading my message to understand why do you ask me what I mean and I think that I wrote nonsense . Sometimes there are are too many reactions in my head and I forget that I'm not always able to explain what I mean. I think that often I will speak too much.. It will be better to speak less. Excuse me Freddyben, I'm so sorry! (It's me, who is flushing now...) :-[

Freddyben

No "flushing" but "blushing" from what said Thomas
Hey Bettina, take it easy, take your time to write :D

Bettina