Nouvelles:

Bienvenue sur le Forum ! Retournez à AnglaisPod.com ?

Menu principal

What means: To get laid

Démarré par John Doe, 15 Août 2007 07:08

« précédent - suivant »

thierry

hi i'm a new member and i'm a bigenner in english so i count of you to help me
if sometimes i need some explanations.Thomas i have listened your podcasts
they are funny and very useful. Go ahead like this.

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

thierry

Thomas

You guys crack me up, you know that? :D

I'm not really sure what "s'envoyer en l'air" means, but given everybody's reaction to it and the other stuff everyone posted, it seems to be correct to me. Some synonyms of "to get laid" would include "to get some", "to do it" (this can, of course, mean other things as well), or simply, "to have sex."

To address your concerns, Bettina, I definitely plan on discussing these kinds of words, because they are definitely common and something you need to learn, but I just haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet. Some of my listeners are quite young (a few even under 10! :o) so I don't know if I want to do it in a podcast or not. I may just put something on the website, but like I said, I haven't figured it out yet. If you guys have any ideas, let me know!
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Bettina

Oh Thomas, I said in answer of one of your messages that I love the word "yep" and here I am falling once more in admiration: "You guys crack me up"  :-*That's really amazing and I don't exaggerate. It's so great! By and by we will speak as native speakers do... ;)
Are there other words instead of "thanks" or "thanks a lot" It's boring to use always the same word!

For the lesson of "bad" words, I understand the problem. It doesn't matter at all. You're right , it's not for the ears of children.  ;)

Thomas

Hm...um...well, there's "thank you"...or "thank you very much"...I can't think of anything else right now, but if I do, I'll let you know.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Bettina

Too bad! ::)
Thank you Thomas ;)