hum someone could help me please ?

Démarré par jonathan, 09 Oct 2007 19:21

« précédent - suivant »

jonathan

hey everybody , i have learnt english since 4 months , before that I never learnt it. when i was at school i never heard the teacher .

so , now iam nineteen and i love to learn this language .

it was  a piece of my life lool :)

my question :

i have seen that the verbe "to get" is used as much as the verbe " to go" and i dont now if iam wrong or not , but i think that we can used them in the same sentences ?

telle me more about that , because its really strange ....

Jonathan
everybody know that anyone is perfect  , but i think that this forum it's a very big meating of the next english people ? hihihi....

mamour

hello jonathan

I would say "more".They use "get" anytime and anywhere!!!We have already asked to Thomas to make a lesson about!!
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

jonathan

hey thank you "mamour"  ;)

if someone has something to add more , iam so agree because its not crystal clear .....
everybody know that anyone is perfect  , but i think that this forum it's a very big meating of the next english people ? hihihi....

jonathan

nobody could help me .... so , maybe with time i will see that much better , hum thank you very much

Jonathan

Thomas

Hmm well in general, to go is for movement or for the future, whereas to get is used as a synonym for to have or to obtain. However, there are definitely several expressions that use this word, and I'm planning a lesson on them.

If you have specific examples of it that you don't understand though, please let me know! I'd be glad to help.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.