Heroes season 3!

Démarré par Thomas, 23 Sep 2008 21:54

« précédent - suivant »

mamour

pretty sure I'm agree with you

les acteurs originaux avaient quand meme "plus de gueule" que ces 3 la :

Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Airflight

But Ben Stiller is unique ... only seeing his face makes me laugh. his best movie ? "Meet the Fockers",  a masterpiece

John Doe

De Niro is great in there! :D
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

and barbra streisand too

MaxX

hi everyone,

so it's funny because i watch all tv shows in english, a must in west coast of canada, and it's so hard to understand 24...i don't know why, i understand pretty well heroes, desperate housewives, and things like biggest loser, or american idol but 24...so complicated, i don't know if it's too fast, or the story is too complicated, or if i'm too tired...so i'm disappointed. so i watch it with subtitles and i try again the next week, but it still the same.

so for those people who watch TV shows in english, do you have an idea or the same exprience??

Thomas

I think it boils down to vocabulary. Heroes, Desperate Housewives (which I've never seen), Biggest Loser, etc. -- they all use a similar vocabulary set. 24, on the other hand, is diifferent. You see (or hear, rather) more technical vocab, police vocab, that sort of thing, which you don't see on other shows. Heroes has some of that, but not much. I bet if you watched shows like CSI or NCIS you would see similar vocab to 24. After seeing diifferent shows, your understanding of the vocab would increase, and you would find it easier to watch 24 or the others, too.

The same thing happens to me in French. A few years ago, when I started watching the French news (with M6), I couldn't understand anything, because I had always watched movies or read classic novels. But after watching different news programs, I eventually learned the way they speak and the vocabulary they use, which made it much easier to understand. I still have some difficulty with French comedy, for the same reasons.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

I read in a newspaper that csi house ms without a trace cold case could stopped because crisis!!!that's true? ???

Caiomhe

Citation de: Thomas le 29 Mar 2009 04:54I still have some difficulty with French comedy, for the same reasons.

Don't worry about that! Sometimes their jokes and references are so stupid that it is difficult to understand even if you're French  ;)
Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on with a mirror and a razor lay crossed.