Présentations / Introductions

Démarré par Thomas, 24 Sep 2008 00:16

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

Welcome to the forums, Nini! I'm glad that the podcasts are useful for you, hopefully they will help you get lots of vocab and expressions and everything. If you ever have any questions or suggestions for lessons, please don't hesitate to ask.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

pepettekavru

Bonjour tout le monde! Je suis Charlène, j'ai bientôt 24ans, et je viens de m'inscrire, je sens que je vais adoré ce forum. Je suis tombé par hasard sur anglaispod.com, j'ai cherché sur Google des cours d'anglais à mettre sur mon MP3, afin de trouver une bonne excuse pour être affalé dans ma chaise longue pendant des heures^^, j'ai allié l'utile à agréable. Ces Podcast sont géniaux! Ils sont clair, précis et je retiens rapidement! (c'est rare ;D)

zouille90

Hello
My name is Daniel. I'm 49 year's old.
I'm married and i have two children
1 son and 1 daughter
I live in France in Menoncourt a little village next Belfort
I learn English with your Podcast since three week and i like it

Congratulations for your lessons
Have you some excercices to train to learn English?

Thank you for all
Daniel

fabrou

Hi everybody,

And first, many thanks Thomas for these english lessons that I often listen in my car; great job !!

I'm french, 51, and I'm living near Nantes (not so far from Tours ;-).

Married, 2 children, who speak better and better english (I think better than me yet).

Sometimes, I visit this site to check whether there are new lessons or not. I saw today than you were well occupied last year, Thomas, and I hope you passed your Master exam ; if not yet, good luck for it.

Thank you again, and maybe "hear you soon".

Fabrice

Thomas

I'm glad you like the lessons! Hopefully they are useful for you. Yes, there have not been any new lessons recently, but I am planning on doing some this summer. I actually just finished my Master's in May, so I am very happy :) I am starting a Doctorate in August, however, so I will still be busy! I would like to keep adding new lessons, though. I have planned out several of them, so all I have to do is record.

It's good that your children speak English, that will be beneficial for them in the future. More and more jobs expect employees to speak more than one language, and English is a good choice for many different careers.

fabrou

Hi Thomas,

If I remember (and have well understood) one of your advanced lessons, your doctorate will last 2 years.

So, I can say to you "break a leg" for that (expression lesson #4), and good luck (I would say "bon courage").

Friendly

Fabrice.

Dguigui

Hello everybody,

My name is Guillaume and i find all this fabulous podcast 1 week ago

I'm actually listen lesson 26 at my job. Your lesson are very informative and funny.
That's cool see the progression in your life in your podcast.
I found very funny the moment that you bought 2 mic HAHA.
Anyway ( no "s" as you say in your lesson) keep the good job you done ;)

Thomas

Hi Guillaume, and welcome to the forums! I'm glad the lessons are helpful for you. And also glad you found those parts funny, I'm always worried that the humor won't translate well :P

coxxie

Hi There!

I'm 22 and I'm french. (I never use my real name online.).

So, I have no excuses I must introduce myself in English.
I lived in Ireland for 8 months and in California for one year.
I try to practice everyday but that's not easy since I'm back in France.
As it says, practice makes perfect. My dream is to be fluent. I'm working on this  ;D

It's nice to meet you all.
@Thomas: You helped me to get ready to go to US. Now I spend time listening to Advanced lessons. I'm very proud of me. Thank you!

Coxxie

Thomas

Hi Coxxie, and welcome to the forum. It's good to hear that you're able to use the advanced lessons now, it sounds like you're coming along well with your English.

Question for you: you've lived in Ireland for a bit, but also California -- what accent do you have when you speak English? I think Irish accents are neat, but I have a hard time imitating one myself!

coxxie

Thank you Thomas.
First of all, I hope you'll understand what I'm trying to say. In my opinion my English is pompous.

I left Ireland 3 years ago. When I came back there last March, I got trouble to understand Irish people. But I think they have a cute accent.

In Northern Ireland it sounds a bit like British to me compared to the South. The parents of the family I lived with weren't from the same place. The mother was from Belfast whereas the father was from Dublin. They didn't speak alike.
It's funny to hear how they pronounce the words like "now" or the "th".

I came back from California last January. Today I do practice and know American English better. The vocabulary I use is mostly American.
I have to work a lot to keep my English up to date. According to my friends there, I'm fluent (not sure if it's true) but I can feel it's harder to speak I'm not in this social environment. Do I say right? Do you know what I mean? Any way, I can't help speaking with my French accent. It's funny because I don't like it but American people do.

Thomas

I know what you mean, yes :) I have an American accent in French no matter how much I practice. But it gets better slowly!

Obviously I can only base this statement on a couple of posts, but your English seems quite good to me. It's definitely hard to keep practicing when there are fewer opportunities, but it's much easier now in 2012 than it would have been in, say, 1992 or something, thanks to the internet.

bobine

Hey :)

I'm Bobine (I don't tell my name too!) and I'm 30, I would like to thank you for all the work you did here... I've discover this podcast a few hours ago and I already like it very much.
I've never learned how to speak foreign languages at school (oh I got teachers and lessons of course but wasn't interested and I never tried to learn anything!) and that means I have absolutely no idea about grammar and so on. Of course I never went to some english speaking country.

Now, I think I can understand almost everything, I read lot of books and watch movies in English, but I'm still not able to say a single word, even if people say my accent is not that bad :)

Well, I've start your lessons today from the beginning (up to now from 1 to 6 and the 1st advanced) and I repeat absolutely all what you say in hope it'll help me to be more confident...

Thank you again for everything you did to help us all!

Thomas

Hi Bobine, and welcome to the forum! I hope the lessons help you with speaking, if you repeat like you said you're doing that will definitly help you out. You have no problems typing English, clearly! Please post a message if you have any questions or need any help with anything, or if you have ideas for other lessons.

Michael RAJAONA

Hello,

My name is Michaël and am living at Antananarivo, MADAGASCAR. I love english as language but I don't speak it very well...so shy I think. The issue (je sais pas si c'est le bon terme) is I'm thinking in french and trying to translate in english. I'm here to eventually be able to speak fluently and easily without fear when I'll hear native calling or asking me something...

thank you all

:)