my verbs

Démarré par mamour, 17 Mar 2008 11:27

« précédent - suivant »

mamour

Very good idea"my verbs" I forgot the half  :D.I learnt them in the school and it's too far!!!
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

John Doe

And you want that we looking for you? :D
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

no thank you!!I have the memory like some gruyere but... :D

Flo

'like some gruyère" I think we say  like a sieve. Isn't it?   ???

Thomas

Well, I had to look up both gruyère and sieve, so... :P

We just call it "swiss cheese", and if somebody said their memory was like swiss cheese, I would understand it to mean they forgot a lot of things, due to all the holes in swiss cheese. Same goes for a sieve, or a strainer, which is what I would call it, I would understand what they meant...

There are lots of expressions to say someone is forgetful -- "to be absent-minded" for example -- but I don't think there is one "standard expression" for it.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

Moi souvent je dis"j'ai la mémoire en trou de gruyère"!!parceque je suis une tete de linotte et effectivement j'oubli des choses dont mes verbes irreguliers (sans compter ceux qui  n'y avaient pas lorsque j'étais à l'école!!  :D

Flo

If swiss cheese means "gruyère".. Do you know, that the "gruyère" actually have no holes. The cheese with holes in French is the "Emmenthal", but we make often the mistake...  ;)

patard

Right flo. I apreciate , I am cheese maker . Anyway I think that cheese , even emmental are good for memory.
Of course not the holes.

patard

A tip for your irregulat verbs . Make a list of all your irregulars verbs and stick it in your restroom ;just in front of the seat , very often on the door .
So you can read your list several time a day. May be you can find it funny , but it is not a joke.

John Doe

I do that to learn my カナ! :D
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

I'll put the list on the door of my fridge!!! :D

Thomas

You know, that's actually a really good idea. Repetition is one of the best ways to learn a foreign language, and the bathroom is a place you will definitely go to often! Plus, it's funny if someone comes to visit and they see it on your door :P

@John Doe
It's kinda bad, but when I get bored in class, instead of doodling like lots of people, I sometimes practice my かな or my 漢字...lol...

mamour

when my nieces get bored in class,they use their cell phones  ;)

Thomas

I'm jealous! My classes are too small, the teacher would be able to see it if I used my cell phone... :P

mamour

the cell phone is in their pencil case ;)