Elections US

Démarré par Ben54, 22 Mar 2008 19:29

« précédent - suivant »

Ben54

Thomas,

Could you explain us the presidential election campaign ? What's the difference between primary and november's vote ?
The medias talk a lot about that at this time and it isn't easy to understand something...

Thanks

Thomas

You know, that's a really good idea! Thanks for mentioning that, I'll do a lesson about it :)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

Ben54

Flo

l'hebdomadaire "Le Point" du 27 décembre 2007 a donné une explication assez simple  des primaires pour l'élection présidentielle aux E.U. et les différentes caractéristiques des prétendants à la Maison-Blanche. Ce qui est plus difficile c'est de connaître les caractéristiques des Etats...  L'Amérique est un grand pays! The best must win ??? Que le meilleur gagne!!!

patard

I am not american so I'll not vote for the next president ; and if I were american I don't know for whom I'd vote.
But I am sure that if the next US president is black things will be very different for a lot of people in the world.

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

patard

I know nothing about Obama. except he is black. ::) May be a very bad president for US. But if the president of the most power country in the world is black, thing will be very diffrent for all the black people in the world.
It's just a  matter of symbol.  ::)

John Doe

Citation de: patard le 12 Fév 2008 23:30
I know nothing about Obama. except he is black. ::) May be a very bad president for US. But if the president of the most power country in the world is black, thing will be very diffrent for all the black people in the world.
It's just a  matter of symbol.  ::)

Yep, then, vote Obama!  8)

patard

Ok john . You seem to be very good in english . I prefer to write in english with mistakes than not to write .
If you could correct my english in your reply I would appreciate .

dukenike

from France, US elections look only like a duel between Clinton and Obama. What about the republican candidates ? Are Democrates so sure to win ?
I think that lot of people hope a Democrate victory ( So do I  ;) ), but what do the polls show between democrate and republican ?
Thanks

John Doe

Citation de: patard le 13 Fév 2008 08:07
Ok john . You seem to be very good in english

Not realy, but I try to be. :)

Citation de: dukenike le 13 Fév 2008 10:09
from France, US elections look only like a duel between Clinton and Obama. What about the republican candidates ? Are Democrates so sure to win ?
I think that lot of people hope a Democrate victory ( So do I  ;) ), but what do the polls show between democrate and republican ?
Thanks

You right, Mc Cain does a very good campaign. But i hope Obama (not just for the song :D )

Et puis, Mc Cain à la frite!  ;D  =>[]

patard

Thomas

It appears that the final election will be between Obama and McCain, yeah...

As for which side will win, who knows? I honestly think it's pretty split down the middle (one of the problems with our two-party system...), but many conservatives, who are typically republican, do not trust McCain. Also, many people think he is a war monger, which may lose him some votes. On the other hand, as for Obama, many people say that he has no plans, that he just says "let's change things!" but doesn't know how to do it and doesn't have any real solid ideas. It really will boil down to the debates between those two that will happen in the coming months, to see who will get what votes.

Just for the record, I am trying to keep my personal views to myself as far as the election goes, so I am going to avoid discussing anything that is too one-sided ;) I don't mind discussing anything, of course, but I am going to try and explain both sides of everything.
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

patard

I listened your last podcast (28) this morning . You speak about grammar , it is certainly very useful ,but not my cup of tea.
You make some exemple . I think I'd remain more easily if your exemples came for mistake or from sentences coming from this forum.
for instance when I read your next reply , just above . you write:
" he has no plans" I note a difference with french we'd write "il n'a aucun plan" or " il n'a aucune idée"  plan or idée in that case  are singular , not plurial.
I think that there is no mistake in your english , but that grammar are differents in French and english in that case.