typical food

Démarré par mamour, 12 Fév 2008 20:25

« précédent - suivant »

mamour

Hi Thomas!!!
Since you are in France what did you eat as(like) typical French food???
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

mamour

If you want some french expressions watch Kaamelott on M6

Najib

Enjoy !

mamour

patard

in one of his podcast he says : French bread ( baguette)

Thomas

What is Kaamelott ???

As for typical French food...hm...well, the drinks are easy, I love Orangina! And almost all the flavors of Oasis. Actually, I love most French juices, because they are so different than American ones. For example, apple-pear juice is my favorite, but unfortunately, they don't sell it in America, which sucks...

as for food, well as patard said, I do love baguettes. I get the precooked ones that you can put in the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking, those are nice because you can buy lots at once. I've had a few quiches (no idea how to spell that) too, and those are good. Actually, one thing I was wondering about -- I seem to see a lot of ham used here. We use ham in the US, of course, but not nearly as much. I think we use more chicken, actually. But every other thing I see at a restaurant seems to have ham in it. Is that normal French cuisine, or do I just go to weird restaurants?
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

hello!!! Thomas!!Kaameloot is a short tv show aired on M6 at 20h40.This is king Arthur's story but they don't speak like at the time!!!More like now!!! :D it's hilarious!

Did you eat "endives au jambon" or Boeuf Bourguignon"Hachis Parmentier?typicaly french food!

John Doe

Hachis Parmentier... I love it!!!!
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

Me too!! with a good salad!!

Thomas

I had hachis parmentier once, it was really good! Actually, it's kinda funny...I only rarely eat beef back in the States, but in France, I eat it all the time!

Except for tacos. I eat lots of beef tacos in America :P
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

mamour

mamour

it's great!!! je suis morte de rire!! :D

johnduff

i like a lot Kamelott's episod!!! i think it's really a good exercice to learn news expressions in French! 

John Doe

yep, you said it! :)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.