an anglaispod widget (beta)

Démarré par Thomas, 21 Oct 2007 21:55

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

One of the members of the forum, izidor78, has written a widget for macs that reads the RSS feed for the podcast and allows you to play the podcast episodes and various other things. I, however, use a PC so I am unable to test the widget (besides installing it on a friend's mac). Soooo....if any of you who have macs would like to test it, here is the link below:

http://izidor78.free.fr/widgets/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, comments, or anything :) Just let me and izidor78 (Bertrand) know here in this thread what you think.

New episodes should be coming soon, by the way :)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Paeleben

I see that i'm the first to share my opinion !  :D

So , i would ike to say that it's really really useful because you have all you want on this widget. You can play or stop the track and you can get the informations with the little i in the bottom-hand-corner.

But if there was something to add, it will be good to have a "barre d'avancement" to see where we are in the track. But it's really good like that and i can only be grateful to izidor78 for his work.

Thanks again;) and sorry for my mistakes...
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...

mamour

I don't have a Mac neither do I :-\
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

izidor78

Thanks a lot for your feedback Paeleben !
I am very happy that you appreciate this Widget.  :)
I note your observation about the progress bar ("Barre de progression") and I would put certainly this new functionality in the next version, I also think that it could be interesting.
If you have an other remarks you are welcome.

I'm really sorry for PC users, this widget only work on Mac.

Have a nice day !

izidor78

Be carreful, the URL of AnglaisPod Widget have changed!
The new URL is http://izidor78.free.fr/widgets/

Thank you.
Bye.

Thomas

Ok I updated the link :)

also, I was able to install the widget on a friend of mine's mac, and I'm gonna send you an email with my thoughts about it, just fyi

izidor78

Ok! thanks a lot.
See you soon.
Have a good week-end!

clausis

Hello !

I'm new on this forum.

I'd just downloaded the widget and it works well.
Thank you for contribution. That's make easier to get the new lessons. And I really need them.
But I suggest to Izidor to add a scale or something (that I dont know the name even in French) to pause, to rewind and continue the listening. That will be very usefull for beginners.
Clausis

Thomas

Welcome to the forum, Clausis! I hope we can help you here, and I hope you enjoy it, too! :)

Paeleben

Hi !

It's a little bit similar as what I saied before ! (correct or not ?) But I'ms happy not to be ths only person to notice this ! :)

If i Make any mistake in my sentences, could you correct me in order that i become better and convinced about what I write.
Listen to the silence which swings at your ear...

izidor78

Citation de: clausis le 05 Nov 2007 00:06
Hello !

I'm new on this forum.

I'd just downloaded the widget and it works well.
Thank you for contribution. That's make easier to get the new lessons. And I really need them.
But I suggest to Izidor to add a scale or something (that I dont know the name even in French) to pause, to rewind and continue the listening. That will be very usefull for beginners.
Clausis

Hi Clausis,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your feedback.
Paeleben (an other member of this forum) have also remarked this need.
So, I'm working on it and it will be available and the next version.
Please, just wait...

Bye.

clausis

Hello,

Thank you too for your feedback, and thank you for working on this so usefull widget.

I'm very happy to listen my lessons with it;

Bye

Clausis

izidor78

Hi,

I come back with a new free version of AnglaisPod Widget (for mac users only) !
I know that is was very long but I was very busy until now.

So this new version (2.0) add :
- new look (interface)
- new control panel (previous, play/pause, next buttons and a progress bar with a cursor to move into an episode, and up/down volume button)
- etc..

You can download this new version on widgetspourmac.free.fr (please note this new adress)

I hope it will be useful for you and that you will appreciate it.
Thanks for your feedback.

Bye.

[attachment deleted by admin]

clausis

Great ! thank you for such good job. This new widget looks better.

But the link doesn't work. So I'll try to get your new widget by another way.
Thank you.

Clausis