hd in france

Démarré par Thomas, 20 Sep 2008 20:48

« précédent - suivant »

Thomas

anyone out there who likes hd tv? as I lived there for only a short time, I did not have a tv in france, but I am back and have my hdtv again, and just wondered if anybody here likes hd, too :)
Hello, and welcome to Apprendre l'anglais.
Bonjour, et bienvenue à Apprendre l'anglais.

John Doe

I haven't bought it yet...  :-\

I play in HD with my PS3 in my friend's house. ;D

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

mamour

I haven't HD tv or playstation  :-\
Make the most of yourself,for that is all there is of you.

Thomas

I really want a PS3, I am still playing on my PS2 ;) I will eventually get one, I do want a Blu-Ray player, but not yet. (I do enjoy playing my 360 in HD though ;) and I really really wish the Wii could do better than 480p...but oh well)

I have to say though, now that football season has begun, I really missed football. I got to watch some while I was in France, but not like this!

John Doe

The PS2 is a great, great console, but the 480i/p sucks so much on HDTV...

Okami, Shadow Of The Colossus, Ico, Valkyrie Profile 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, Odin Sphere, Final Fantasy X, XII, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill2 and many other... I love my PS2!

P.S: I'll like to play lost odyssey on 360... I'll wait until my brother purchase it! :D

Thomas

Oh yes, 480p does indeed suck. I have been playing God of War 2 recently, and it is so much fun, but I wish it were in 1080p!

And Lost Odyssey, seriously one of the best RPGs I have ever played, hands down. I actually maxed out all my characters on it, and have all but one of the achievements. I still need to get the hardest one, which requires finding every single treasure chest and hidden item in the game....which takes a while, lol. But it was definitely one of my top 5 RPGs of all time, I loved it :D

John Doe

GOW2 seems really good in 1080p with the PS3 upscaling.

It's a pity that new PS3 doesn't able to run PS2's game anymore...

Citationand have all but one of the achievements

GG!  8)

sea

In France, the season of football (not the same football I know) has started since August. It's really complicated all this foot! There is the championship of France, after the championship of Europe, after ... I don't know anymore .LOL.
All I know is that at this date our team of France is null, our regional team (OM) is null! LOL. And Yet in Marseille the team is really encouraged. There are many many supporters!

Thomas

Oh wow, that looks amazing...I need to get a PS3! I plan on buying one that can play PS2 games, though, because I want to get rid of my PS2 when I get one. No need to keep a thousand consoles hooked up! I greatly enjoyed selling my Xbox when I got the 360, lol 8)

sea -- I don't know how to follow it either! I can understand the American championships, because they are all in just one country, but I can't even imagine a whole continent worth of teams...

John Doe

Panzer Dragoon Orta doesn't works well on 360, so, I'll keep my Xbox.  8)

P.S: Jet Set Radio Future must be done. :o

Thomas

I was very unhappy to discover that some of my games did not work, yeah :( Luckily the ones I really cared about work just fine, but nonetheless, it sucks.

So, Mr. PS3 -- whenever I get around to buying one, what games should I get? Right now my list consists of Warhawk, Resistance Fall of Man, and Drake's Fortune. What else would you recommend?

John Doe

I've purchased the PS3 for MGS4.

If you played through the others titles of the franchise (especially MGS1 (in 1998) where a chapter of MGS4 ripped out my guts and MGS3 for enjoy much more the ending) you can try that powerful title.

I'm falling in love with Heavenly Sword (a so underrated game...) just after having watched the beautiful opening. I loved the voice, the stunning music, the visual, sound effects...

It's not a perfect game (Screen tearing, frame rate), but I love it.

Edit: The french dubbing SUCKS!

mamour

I'm agree with you john doe the french dubbing is SUCK example:
ncis season 5 episod 5
Tony says to Mcgee :"probie san" in o.v, in french it's just"le bleu"
more far,Tony says "very special agent", in french "je suis son partenaire" and Tony call "probie",in french,he says "aidez moi"
really suck.I don't understand they don't respect the original version ??? >:(

John Doe

Less natural in french a rough translation from the english. :)

mamour