Pour améliorer votre prononciation

Démarré par Spinto, 15 Mai 2009 17:10

« précédent - suivant »

Spinto

Vous pouvez aller sur cet excellent site de la BBC.

J'ai pris la liberté de transcrire deux des vidéos :

"Introduction"

"-Hello. My name's Alex, and if you want to learn about and improve your English pronunciation, you've come to the right place. There are videos, quizzes, activities and downloads to help you practice your English. Now good pronunciation is very important for good spoken communication. But what do we mean by 'good pronunciation' ? Well you don't have to speak English like a native speaker. It's fine to have a different accent. But what is important is that you're able to speak clearly and that you don't prevent other people from understanding what you're trying to say. There are many different English accents, in Britain and all around the world. These are all good models. Now, my accent is standard southern British English and that's what I'm going to be showing you on this site. Have fun !

-And... cut !

-Ah ! Ah ! Look at this ! Look at this one !"

Et la vidéo "The sounds of English"

"-Hello. Now, one question I'm often asked is : what's the best way to improve my pronunciation ? Well, my first piece of advice is to try to learn each different sound of English. And in order to learn each different sound of English, it's very helpful to learn each different symbol that represents theses sounds of English.

-Why do we need different symbols ?

- Why do we need different symbols ? I hear you ask. Well, in writing English we use 26 letters of the alphabet. But there are more than 26 sounds in English. In fact, there are over 40 sounds in English, and it's not very easy to show these using only the letters of the English alphabet. So there is a system which uses a group of symbols. Now, some of these symbols are the same as letters, and some of them are different. You can use the symbols to write out the pronunciation of words. And in many dictionaries for English learners, you will see the pronunciation written out using these special symbols. To show that it is the sounds which have been written and not the letters, the transcriptions are written between slashes. For example, the pronunciation of the word pet is written like this : /pet/. In this example, the sound symbols look exactly the same as the letters. You can only tell that we're talking about pronunciation and not spelling because of the slashes. However, some words look very different when you see their pronunciation. Look at this one : /ˈnɒlɪdʒ /. Have you got any idea what that is ? It's the word 'knowledge'. And as you can see, it's very different from the spelling. So this is why it's very useful to learn the symbols. You can't always match the letters of a word to the sounds of that word. So if you want to improve your English pronunciation, you should learn the different sounds. And if you want to learn the different sounds, you should learn the symbols. And here's some good news : if you know the symbols and sounds, you will be able to use the dictionary to find the pronunciation of any word in English. And you won't even need a teacher. So to help you learn the symbols and sounds, why not watch my videos here ? Good luck, and happy speaking."

Sur la même page, sous cette video, il y a une liste de sons. Vous pouvez cliquer sur chacun d'entre eux pour voir un vidéo et écouter comment ils se prononcent.

Bon, je sais que c'est un site anglais et que par conséquent c'est un accent anglais que vous allez entendre. Mais ça peut quand même vous être utile, non ?

See you  ;)
Only connect

John Doe

Et bien, merci pour la transcription ! Ca aide toujours à mieux comprendre ce qui ce dit.  ;)
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Spinto

Only connect

adrienovich

personally, when I don't know how to pronounce correctly a certain word, I go on this website : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

there's a description, of course, and the English and American pronunciation !